Windows Systems Administrator Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Washington, DC 20374-5127, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description Join BAE Systems’ Intelligence and Security Sector and be part of a diverse and enthusiastic team who supports the U.S Navy’s Strategic System Program (SSP). We are searching for an ON-SITE Windows System Administrator to support the Information Technology Operations Team. As a Windows System Administrator, you will work with a Team to install, configure, maintain, and deploy Windows Servers. You will:
• Install, configure, harden, patch, tune, and upgrade Windows Servers
• Harden Windows Servers in accordance with System Security Policies and DISA STIGs • Troubleshoot issues to restore operations
• Assist with COT’s installations, tuning, and troubleshooting • Perform vulnerability scans and remediate findings
• Create technical documentation to include technical instructions and technical designs
• Use ticketing system to document requests, track changes, and explain resolutions
WHO YOU ARE:
• You are eager to work in a DoD environment supporting the customer’s mission
• You love learning how to use and administer new tools and technologies
• You enjoy working with people and collaborating across teams
• You have a high degree of personal drive, initiative and the ability to drive changeRequired Education, Experience, & Skills BAE Systems has found that to be successful in this position requires:
• Extensive hands-on experience managing Windows Server to include deployments, upgrades, patches, and
• Experience hardening systems in accordance with DISA’s Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
• The ability to understand and remediate vulnerabilities identified by CTOs, IVAMs, DISA STIGS, ACAS, and evaluate STIG
• Experience with PowerShell to automate tasks and manage systems
• Must be capable of developing and refining automation scripts for system management
• Must be capable of working with engineering staff to diagnose and correct issues
• Experience with Windows Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Web, File and Print services
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
• Self-motivation and ability to work independently
• Basic knowledge of Virtualization (VMWARE Preferred)
• Ability to interact with and effectively present information to peers, management and customers
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with partners and government officials
• An active DoD Secret security clearance; ability to obtain and maintain a Top-Secret security clearance.
• A Bachelor's degree and at least four years of related/relevant work experience
• Meet the requirements for an IAT II certification as specified in the DoD 8570
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience working in a military-civilian military environment
- Degree in an IT, Information Systems, Engineering, Science or similar technical discipline is preferred, but will consider other degree disciplines with demonstrated proficiency through formal training/coursework or some related professional work experience
Full-Time Salary Range: $92290 - $156860
Please note: This range is based on our market pay structures. However, individual salaries are determined by a variety of factors including, but not limited to: business considerations, local market conditions, and internal equity, as well as candidate qualifications, such as skills, education, and experience.
Employee Benefits: At BAE Systems, we support our employees in all aspects of their life, including their health and financial well-being. Regular employees scheduled to work 20+ hours per week are offered: health, dental, and vision insurance; health savings accounts; a 401(k) savings plan; disability coverage; and life and accident insurance. We also have an employee assistance program, a legal plan, and other perks including discounts on things like home, auto, and pet insurance. Our leave programs include paid time off, paid holidays, as well as other types of leave, including paid parental, military, bereavement, and any applicable federal and state sick leave. Employees may participate in the company recognition program to receive monetary or non-monetary recognition awards. Other incentives may be available based on position level and/or job specifics.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom