Windows Administrator– Closed Rooms Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Minneapolis, MN 55421-1402, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description Seeking an experienced IT systems administrator to support classified lab environments that use Windows and Linux networked systems, with expertise in setting up and managing Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy Management and Exchange services. Past experience should have generated familiarity with design and implementation of complex Windows solutions over a large enterprise level network.
A successful candidate will be a Windows Server lead joining a team supporting internal customers, designing, implementing and managing lab infrastructure to meet the customer requirements. In this role, you will build, configure, administer and troubleshoot Windows servers and user workstation hardware and software; design and implement workgroup-scale networks; build and manage authentication, file-share, backup and other collaboration servers to support groups of heterogeneous client systems. You will work with facilities security staff to develop and apply hardening steps for systems for classified use to NISPOM Chapter 8, JAFAN, and other customer standards. Document system configuration for new and existing systems. Experience with centralized authentication technologies such as LDAP and Active Directory domains in supporting Windows/Linux cross-platform clients is desirable.
You should be customer service oriented, attentive to detail, self-motivated and work well in teams. Flexibility in approach to finding solutions, the ability to understand and act on the customer needs and priorities, and learn new technologies quickly are some of the qualities a successful candidate will have. You will also need to be willing to respond to occasional off-hours outages and take part in subsequent service restoration efforts.
Key Support Tasks include:
• Identify customer requirements and design moderately complex Windows systems.
• Lead or participate with project design/implementation phases and provides technical expertise to Windows staff.
• Conduct feasibility studies and participates in the development of technical standards.
• Evaluate and report on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
• Ability to design and plan classified infrastructure systems; provide specifications and detailed drawings for the architecture.
- Troubleshoot difficult or chronic problems; work well with group of specialists supporting engineering customers.
• Ensure that the BAE Systems Classified Network are operating efficiently and optimally, so that all service level agreements (SLAs) are achieved.
• Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
• Diagram infrastructure using standard templates to illustrate solutions to customers and technical staff.
• Conduct testing of Windows Infrastructure design.
Required Security Clearance
You will need to be eligible to receive a security clearance within 3 months of hire date or have an active Secret clearance.
Required Skills and Education - You will need to be eligible to receive a security clearance within 3 months of hire date or have an active Secret clearance.
- You will need to obtain a CompTIA Security+ (or equivalent) certificate within 6 months. This is required to work in some of the customer labs, and preference will be given to candidates who hold this certificate.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Administration.
- PXE and WDS automated system installation technologies.
- Virtual machine (VM) technologies (ESXi, VCenter, VSphere).
- NetApp Management.
- Windows Update Server.
- Automated backup systems.
- Create Bill of Materials (BOMs) as well as other related documentation for various projects and tasks.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems in a large enterprise network.
- Effectively communicate with customers and technical staff to troubleshoot and resolve complex problems.
- Ability to work both Server Admin and Field service (PC) work daily.
- Must have a solid understanding of Windows computer and Server Environments.
- Create and maintain documentation (standards, best practices) for supported technologies.
Preferred Skills and Education - Experience with TACLANE, STIG/SCAP, DFARS, 800-53
- Working experience with tool automation software such as SCCM.
- Experience with MPLS WAN technologies including troubleshooting, installation and upgrading network circuits.
- Experience with the latest Cisco hardware and networking technologies.
- Manage the installation and upgrade of network hardware.
- Follow process and template documentation to configure and install networking hardware.
- Evaluate network requirements and make technical recommendations.
- Experience with Enterprise customer request and fulfilment system. e.g. Service Now.
About BAE Systems, Inc.BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom