Warrior Integration Program Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Huntsville, AL 35806, US
Job Description What is the Warrior Integration Program?
The Warrior Integration Program (WIP) is a three-year rotational program designed to integrate Post 9/11 combat-wounded, -injured, or -ill service members into BAE Systems, setting the stage for progression in a new career. This is accomplished through challenging and rewarding rotational assignments, technical and leadership training, advanced education, leadership opportunities, as well as; exposure/networking, sponsorship, transition assistance, and connection to Veteran resources.
Rotations are typically focused within the Operations functions of the company. Common rotations include, but are not limited to:
· Supply Chain
· Engineering Support
· Project Management
· Value Stream Lead/Supervisor
What would I gain from becoming a WIP participant?
1. Experience: Assignments are in diverse areas within Operations including manufacturing, supply chain, and business area operations.. *During each rotation, participants will hold the job title of the position they are in.
2. Diversity: The WIP’s affiliation with other BAE Systems development programs enables participants to work in cross-functional and cross-site rotational assignments.
3. Flexibility: The WIP provides good flexibility and choice for program participants. This flexibility includes WIP participant input on choice of possible rotational opportunities that best suit individual interests and the ability to maintain medical treatment and care for combat-related injuries and illnesses;.
4. Education: Participants are encouraged to pursue their next higher level of education on a part-time basis.
5. Training: Members of the WIP will be provided any and all training needed to ensure success. The minimum training requirement includes what is essential to perform the necessary job functions and which will ease the transition into civilian life.
6. Sponsorship/Mentorship: Each participant will be connected to a Sponsor who will: assist in rotational and post-program positions, assign & work in conjunction with a mentor, or act also as a mentor. Mentors act as skill & situational coaches to the participants and also provide the opportunity to have a confidential sounding board during your transition.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
· Demonstrated honorable military experience/leadership, strong communication skills, ability to build and work in diverse teams, can develop/carry out/manage plans and projects, ability to lead people while managing projects & resources, trainability, willingness to relocate to locations with available opportunities.
· Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense security clearance
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills · Combat Arms MOS’s with OIF and/or OEF deployment experience
· Specialized Military Schools and Training
· Capacity and motivation for hard work
· Mobility encouraged but not required
*Willingness to have an open mind while transitioning into the civilian workforce
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom