Voice over IP Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Silverdale, WA 98315, US
Engineering & Technology
Specific duties will include:
- Manage daily operations of the Unified Communications subsystems.
- Operations and Maintenance of all VTC and Voice over IP devices to include Call Managers, Session Border Controllers, Voice over IP endpoints, Video Communications Servers, MCUs, Gateways, room-based VTC systems, Desktop VTC devices, and other VTC-related equipment.
- Conduct integration and configuration of existing unified communications hardware, including application of security controls and management support to the network infrastructure that underlies the unified communications platform.
- Patch and upgrade firmware, break/fix support, and daily operations support, including on-site assistance for special events.
- Maintain and provide configuration management information that shall include but not be limited to: equipment hardware make/model, version numbers of installed software, as-built drawings, serial numbers, and all passwords.
- Ensure technical solutions comply with all applicable DoD regulations and industry standards.
- Monitor system and network operations, and notify users when systems display non-standard or out of tolerance behavior.
- Apply technical expertise to mitigate potential system problems before they occur.
- Resolve all Voice and Video service interruptions and technical problems in a timely manner, should they occur.
- Provide enterprise-level system administration for the VTC enterprise.
- Ensure all IP and ISDN based Voice and Video systems are configured in accordance with DISA best practices and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG).
- Resolves system operational problems by troubleshooting and performing fault isolation and repairs, replaces, or reprograms faulty equipment, as required.
- Provides life cycle refresh projections for unified communications infrastructure, endpoints, and AV equipment build out projects.
- Conducts site surveys to establish unified communications systems and equipment based on customer requirements.
- Consult with client(s) and internal engineering groups to create and/or review requirements, functional specifications and detailed designs
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Must have Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Ability to obtain and maintain Top Secret DoD Clearance
- Expert knowledge of unified communications systems, including familiarity with foundation technologies, VoIP protocols, and communication standards to include SIP,TLS, VoIP codecs.
- Experience with Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Session Border Controller, Cisco Call Manager Express
- Experience developing configuration change plans (CCPs) or Change Control Board (CCB) plans, and standard operating procedures (SOP) for unified communications infrastructure, endpoints, and other related equipment.
- Strong analytical skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills to include technical documentation skills, and the ability to teach classes to lower level staff members.
- 10 years of experience with administration, installation and repair of Cisco Call Managers and network infrastructure
- Experience with DISA STIGs and implementing the security controls on unified communications infrastructure
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with partners and government officials
- Ability to obtain and maintain Common Access Card (CAC) along with badge access to the customer’s facility
- Ability to obtain and maintain a network account in good standing on the customer’s network.
- Ability to meet the requirements for an IAT II as specified in the DoD 8570 within 6 months of start
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- CCNA Collaboration
- Network Management experience
- VoIP Design experience
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom