Virtualization Engineer (Hypher-V) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Quantico, VA 22134, US
Engineering & Technology
Top Secret/SCI Polygraph
Job Description BAE Systems is offering an exciting opportunity to support an important and dynamic Department of Justice customer as a Senior System Administrator-Virtualization (SSA/Virtualization) supporting a highly capable and diverse team driving technical innovation. The SSA/Virtualization shall plan, lead and, if necessary, conduct site-surveys and uses the information acquired to produce a complete delineation of products and services, support equipment, computer, and electronic equipment installations required for the site to fully support mission operations. The SSA/Virtualization shall plan, direct, and, if necessary, conduct regular, special, and integrated system test programs on virtualization equipment. The SSA/Virtualization shall prepare and conduct special reports and presentations that contain actionable information, which is pertinent to individual site operations. The SSA/Virtualization shall conduct integrated equipment system tests. She/he shall plan, prepare and conduct on the job training to FBI and junior Offeror personnel, as required. The SSA/Virtualization shall coordinate with other field engineers to the benefit of the customer. The SSA/Virtualization shall support the unit with other duties as assigned within the scope of work.Required Education, Experience, & Skills Required Experience, Skill, and Education:
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
SME Level- This is a senior level position. At a minimum, the individual shall have ten (10) plus years of experience in designing, managing, administering, documenting, troubleshooting, and supporting multiple, heterogeneous computer networks in both production and development environments.
SKILL Level- At a minimum, the Senior System Administrator/ Virtualization shall have demonstrated experience in:
- Install, configure, implement, and validate installation of components on networks including but not limited to:
- Citrix XenServer and XenApp o Citrix NetScaler
- Microsoft (current Version) Failover Cluster
- Microsoft (current Version) Hyper-V Manager
- Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM)
- Hypervisors and virtualization sub-systems
- Container Systems
- Infrastructure as Code methodologies
- Administer a variety of virtualization environments including Windows, Citrix and Linux
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills
- Resolve operational technical challenges and articulate ideas, concepts, and needs to management
- Perform duties independently, without direct supervision, and without detailed guidance from superiors
- Author and utilize scripting languages, mainly but not limited to PowerShell, to automate tedious, repetitive, and/or error prone tasks related to installation, configuration, and management of IT systems and services
- Step in mid-problem and provide advanced troubleshooting and support to others
- Optimize existing systems in light of new technologies as they come to market
- Provide support to administrators across an enterprise
- Evaluate the effectiveness of existing technologies in contrast to emerging technologies
- Explore emerging technology through independent research
- Liaise between field support and management
- Properly setup, from the box, new components without direct assistance
- Participate in the Change Control process meetings, providing direct and candid feedback regarding ideas for proposed changes to systems
- Document, test, and deploy modernization technologies to existing production environments
- Draft, review, and finalize procedures, security documentation, and general usage instructions for any familiar component
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Desired Skills and Experience:
- Microsoft Azure and/or AWS cloud experience highly desired
- Experience working on digital forensics technology or related technologies for law enforcement or intelligence community customers is a plus
- Experience working on an Agile team
- Willingness to implement Lean principles, Agile engineering and DevSecOps
- Ability to participate in strategy sessions for the planning, development, documentation, and review of project-related documents
- Ability to participate and support the gathering, identifying, and documentation of the system and software requirements, as well as security requirements
Full-Time Salary Range: $131331 - $223309
Please note: This range is based on our market pay structures. However, individual salaries are determined by a variety of factors including, but not limited to: business considerations, local market conditions, and internal equity, as well as candidate qualifications, such as skills, education, and experience.
Employee Benefits: At BAE Systems, we support our employees in all aspects of their life, including their health and financial well-being. Regular employees scheduled to work 20+ hours per week are offered: health, dental, and vision insurance; health savings accounts; a 401(k) savings plan; disability coverage; and life and accident insurance. We also have an employee assistance program, a legal plan, and other perks including discounts on things like home, auto, and pet insurance. Our leave programs include paid time off, paid holidays, as well as other types of leave, including paid parental, military, bereavement, and any applicable federal and state sick leave. Employees may participate in the company recognition program to receive monetary or non-monetary recognition awards. Other incentives may be available based on position level and/or job specifics.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom