Vice President General Manager (VPGM) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
McLean, VA 22102, US
Job Description The BAE Systems Intelligence & Security Sector (I&S) is seeking a Vice President/General Manager to lead the sector’s Integrated Defense Solutions (IDS) Business Area with revenue over $500M. As a vital member of the sector’s executive leadership team, this individual will set and execute the strategy for a business area focused on the Navy, Army and Federal/Civilian marketplace. The individual will be responsible for all aspects of leading the business including profit and loss, delivery of financial salients and ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction. The candidate will lead the execution of existing programs, growth of existing work as well as the development of new business opportunities. Key interface with the customer base in support of programs and business plans is required. The candidate will lead, direct and plan business operations in alignment with the operational framework ensuring top line growth and bottom line cost efficiencies. In addition, the candidate is responsible for overall employee engagement; leading through inspiration and encouragement to enhance employee performance and overall team optimization. The position reports directly to the President, Intelligence and Security Sector and is located in McLean, Virginia.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Develop and execute strategic business plan consistent with the goals and objectives of the company
• Achieve financial objectives established in the annual business plan
• Direct and support new business development opportunities to improve the company’s business portfolio to include marketing and customer call plans
• Ability to identify factors that create differentiators for products or services
• Prioritize and allocate new business funds and resources required to win new business
• Build and maintain a high level of customer engagement across the portfolio
• Establish productive relationships with counterparts in other business areas, sectors, vendors, community, government officials and staff, legislators, and industry at large
• Establish performance objectives and meet business projections; establish strategy and parameters to maximize sales and margins needed for business growth
• Attract, develop and retain high performing, diverse talent within the business; build future leaders through mentoring and serving as a role model
• Executes and directs programs in accordance with Corporate Life Cycle Management process
• Promote product quality and high customer satisfaction to advance the business and meet or exceed growth objectives
• Be viewed as an industry leader representing the company at various company sponsored activities; government functions and community events; respond to media inquiries
• Demonstrate a leading role in promoting adherence to the Company’s ethical standards and business practices
• Provide for good stewardship of the assets of the business and understands the importance of relationship building and maintaining clear lines of communication with customers and employees
• Travel frequently to BAE offices and client sitesRequired Skills and Education • Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, computer science, business or related field
• 15+ years relevant government contracting experience; supporting and providing a service to Army, Navy, federal civilian government clients
• 12-15 years of upper level management experience leading teams of technical professionals
• Must have experience managing a portfolio of programs or business units with concentration in government contracting
• Demonstrated success in leading and growing related DoD, IT and/or services business
• In depth understanding of DOD and Civilian government agencies, priorities and initiatives
• Ability to identify, establish and build important customer relationships with senior level officials and program stakeholders in DoD and civilian government agencies
• Ability to identify key growth areas and develop new business aligned with the business areas growth strategy
• Proven ability to develop, document, and execute a plan for achieving business growth.
• Experience working in government contracting
• Proven ability to collaborate within and across organizational boundaries
• Excellent writing, communication skills with experience presenting to CEO level executives and customers
• Proven experience leading large geographically diverse teams; strong coaching and mentoring skills; ability to achieve results through others
• Ability to travel 25%
• Top Secret (TS) level clearancePreferred Skills and Education • Ability to attain TS SCI clearanceAbout BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom