Value Stream Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Louisville, KY 40214-2600, US
Manufacturing & Maintenance
Job Description The Value Stream Manager (VSM), Submarine Systems, serves as a direct line opportunity to Site Leadership. A BAE Value Stream Manager serves in the site of assigned responsibility. This resources develops and implements project plans and schedules, ensures product costs are understood across the value stream and are achieved, and implements process improvements through the development and execution of a comprehensive improvement plan. You would be responsible for all cost, schedule, and quality issues related to their assigned value stream ensuring delivered products meet specified standards.Required Skills and Education
- Understands and ensures product costs are achieved within the value stream.
- Possesses an unrelenting desire to identify and implement cost take out activities.
- Ensures key business metrics are achieved within the factory and drives corrective action when product costs are above targets.
- Provides support to the site manager to ensure the FSA, Utilization, and Indirect Expense targets are achieved. Identifies and resolves performance problems within the value stream.
- Provide leadership to the Submarine personnel by coaching and developing team members as the leadership philosophy is implemented. Assure team members have the necessary training and the training matrices are updated.
- Promote a strong sense of teamwork among personnel throughout and across the value stream. Provides leadership consistent with the Mission and Guiding Principles.
- Serve as the focal point to communicate and resolve issues within their value stream and between other factories. Coordinate with internal and external customers as necessary to ensure commitments are achieved. Facilitate problem solving and collaboration.
- Provide a single point of contact between Manufacturing and Operations personnel for providing status and resolving problems within the value stream. Presents Operations status to customers, Program Management, and/or Operations Management as required.
- Assess the effectiveness of implemented lean improvements and follow up to identify new areas for continuous improvement.
- Identifies errors and initiates corrective action and monitors the quality date to ensure the effectiveness of the corrective action. Supports corrective action reviews and participates in identifying root causes and corrective actions within the value stream.
- Provides inputs to the Director of Operations for performance evaluations, merit increases, promotions, etc.
- Ensures compliance with all safety and health regulations stated by internal company policy and Federal, State, and Local applicable standards.
- Performs other related duties as required.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom