USAF Business Development Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
San Diego, CA 92127-1874, US
Business Development, Strategy & Planning
Job Description The Business Development Senior Manager is responsible for identifying and qualifying new business opportunities and support of current C4ISR business activities within the U. S. Air Force. The selected individual will be responsible for leading customer engagement with assigned customers, qualifying pursuits in accordance with business success criteria, filling a robust pipeline of opportunities, and driving sales to completion. This role simultaneously oversees all aspects of several near and long-term opportunity developments and will also contribute to the prioritization of new business pursuits, and the development of marketing plans and capture strategies across the C4ISR Business Area. The BD Sr. Manager for Air Force will report to the Sr. Director, C4ISR Business Development.
The right candidate will have a strong understanding and customer affinity to interface regularly with Air Force Customers to include Air Combat Command (ACC), Air Force Material Command (AFMC), Air Force Life Cycle Management Center (AFLCMC), Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL), Program Executive Officers (PEOs), and System Program Offices (SPOs), USAF Air Staff, International Programs and the BAE Air Force Customer Requirements & Advocacy Team. He/she should have a strong operational background and will need to bring, develop and maintain strong business relationships with key decision makers within these program offices as well as inside industry. The BD Sr. Manager will develop and maintain close, trusted partner relationships with offices of senior military and civilian US Government customers, current and prospective customers, as well as industry partners and suppliers. The customers include all relevant Air Force mission areas for Requirements, Budgeting, Programming, Acquisition, fielding, and Test and Evaluation.
The ideal candidate will have a firm understanding of all the assigned program offices along with mission solution requirements and challenges. The candidate will:
- Identify and qualify a robust pipeline of focused opportunities that align Business Area objectives.
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships to identify customer objectives, priorities, and requirements and to position BAE Systems as an innovative industry leader.
- Develop and maintain strong industry relations with large and small businesses with significant presence in the assigned markets
Specific responsibilities include:
- Grow the opportunity pipeline, to include existing as well as adjacent markets/customers, through diligent and timely identification/qualification of new business opportunities by leveraging operational requirements, current technologies, customer insight, and inter-company collaboration.
- Establish, build, and maintain customer relationships and assess competitor capabilities aligned to customers in the USAF market
- Develop effective business cases, strategic partner relationships and drive technology development plans
- Conduct customer visits and perform research to understand current and emerging customer needs and requirements
- Develop and execute strategic and tactical plans for the pursuit and successful capture of key opportunities
- Participate in bid decisions, development of cost strategies and phase reviews.
- Engage and inform executive leadership with the voice of the customer and advocate internally for the actions and commitments necessary to win.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills Minimum Education and Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree and 15 years work experience in the USAF and C4ISR domain
- Secret Clearance with ability to achieve TS/ SCI
- USAF Fighter and/or Bomber operational experience
- Knowledge and experience with Mission Planning and Targeting capabilities and current operational mission requirements
- Understanding, insight and influence at: Air Combat Command (ACC), Global Strike Command; Air Mobility Command, USSTRATCOM, USTRANSCOM
- Access to and/or experience working with Air Force Material Command and Life Cycle Management Centers to include Wright Patterson, Hanscom, and Eglin Air Force Bases
- Knowledge of Government/DoD contracting and understanding of the Air Force Mission, Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Requirements generation
- Ability to navigate non-traditional acquisition strategies to include RCO, SCO, and OTAs
- Ability to access and maintain customer relationships with Senior Government officials: Officer and Civilian Leadership, Colonel (O-6), Flag Officer and Senior Executive Service
- Senior military officer/Civilian experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Preferred Skills and Education:
- Active TS/SCI preferred
- MS or MBA degree
- Senior military officer (0-6+) with Major Command
- Home office locations for this positon include Reston, VA; San Diego, CA, and Hudson, NH.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom