UDL Systems Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
San Diego, CA 92127-1874, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description BAE Systems is looking for a Systems Engineer to work on a multi-disciplinary team in an Agile, fast-paced development environment. The qualified candidate will support the development and implementation of an extensible software framework capable of integrating data from a variety of organizations.
Assigned tasks may include the development of Concepts of Operations (CONOPS) and user stories, backlog prioritization and management, technical documentation, sprint planning, customer engagement and close interaction with software and system test engineers on the team to achieve program objectives.
The SE will coordinate with the Unified Data Library (UDL) Technical Team to accomplish program tasks, provide technical solutions, and support system integration on the UDL program. Coordinates TEMs and meeting with associate program applications developers and coordinates system integration. Supports customer meeting and briefings as necessary.
Position may require occasional business travel to customer locations in support of product demonstrations and customer meetings.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship statusRequired Skills and Education
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering/technical discipline, and 4+ year(s) related experience or equivalent experience, training and/or certifications
Preferred Skills and Education Open Architecture experience, requirements analysis, MBSE, Agile process
Proficient in requirements identification, analysis, documentation, and tracking
• Experience analyzing customer needs, and identifying user stories and technical tasks to achieve various Agile objectives and iterative development schedules
• Ability to use statistical analysis methods and tools
• Ability to work with customers in a dynamic environment
• Team player with a proactive attitude and the ability to be productive in a dynamic/collaborative environment
• Experience leading small teams in engineering activities
• Strong oral and written communications skills
• Motivated self-starter with good problem solving skills, judgment, and analytical capability
• Proficiency with MS Office applications
• Experience with system integration and test on a UNIX or Linux platform
• Ability to develop improved methods to increase program efficiencyAbout BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom