TSCOMM Operator Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Wahiawa, HI 96786, US
Job Description Primary Duties;
- Primary duties include but not limited to: the operation and maintenance of TSCOMM Systems and associated equipment in the TSCOMM facility on a 24 hour per day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year basis (Rotating Shift Work) operation of electronic test equipment; operation of cryptographic equipment; activation, deactivation and changes to circuits as directed by DISA, NCTAMS PAC TCF; perform and/or assist in circuit troubleshooting, testing and fault isolation as required by DSCSOC, DISA or NCTAMS PAC TCF; monitoring and reporting of any outages as they occur; perform operational level maintenance as directed. Must have the physical ability to work rotating shifts.
- Man TSCOMM Operation Watch deck on a shift basis to provide customer support.
- Escalate trouble tickets to the ETII, if needed for repairs.
- Monitor TSCOMM overall status, respond to alerts and events, maintaining system status database.
- Apply technical knowledge to solve complex technical problems.
- Perform preventive maintenance on communication systems and related equipment
- Perform communication systems operational and diagnostic testing.
- Setup and configure IT networks and maintain system documentation.
- Assists with trouble shooting and administration of existing communications systems.
- Performs routine tests of assigned systems and report on results.
- Monitors communication networks and reports system failures.
- Maintain databases for communication systems information.
- Must be able to obtain and hold EKMS/KMI 301 certification from local command.
- U.S. Citizen.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET clearance, IAW with the provisions of the NISPOM (DOD 5220.22-M).
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Three (3) years of general communication work, and a minimum of one year experience maintaining and operating HF, and TSCOMM Specialized Mission systems, or similar field that could be applied in the operations of RF Transmitting systems. Experience is desired in the operation and maintenance of the following equipment: UHF Voice Transmitter/Receivers; HF Voice and Data Receivers/Transmitters; SATCOM Voice and Data Transceivers; SATCOM DAMA Voice and Data Transceivers; Message Handling Procedures; C20IX/DCCS; MIDS; CRYPTO; T1/T2 Lines; RMSA 2000; VICS; MX512.
- 4 yrs. general Information Technology or network experience
- Networking and Computer Operating experience with the ability to use Operating System and Network Management and Analysis tools
- Analyze and report communication availability.
- Properly handle COMSEC to include loading, deleting, and conducting inventory.
- Candidate should have/will be able to obtain EKMS certification
- Must be able to read, and write English.
- Must possess a valid Hawaii State driver’s license.
- Ability to carry 30 lbs., 30 feet horizontally and ability to lift heavy objects (up to 35 pounds) up to three feet vertically.
- Able to work rotating shifts.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Successful completion of either the U.S. Navy Enlisted Code (NEC) 2375 (TSCOMM) experience and training or Former Navy trained Radioman/Information Systems Technician who has experience in operating the following equipment: UHF Voice Transmitter/Receivers; HF Voice and Data Receivers/Transmitters; SATCOM Voice and Data Transceivers; SATCOM DAMA Voice and Data Transceivers; Message Handling Procedures; MIDS; CRYPTO; T1/T2 Lines; RMSA 2000; VIGC; VICS.
- Documentation of successful completion of training must be provided with resume and must include course content. DD Form 214 is acceptable for US Armed Forces Service Schools; however certificates of completion are desired.
- U.S. Navy Information Technology “A”, “C” or equivalent from an accredited college, Jr. College or technical school.
- Documentation including course content required, DD Form 214 acceptable.
- Equivalent experience or degree: 4+ years with HS diploma
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom