Traffic Coordinator (Warehouse) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
San Diego, CA 92170-3308, US
Manufacturing & Maintenance
Job Description BAE Systems in San Diego is seeking a Traffic Controller that will be responsible for directing drivers and operators in vehicles and mechanical handling equipment (MHE) after entering the facility. Our traffic coordinator schedules shipments of materials and products with pre-approved transportation services. You will also be responsible for compiling and computing international and/or domestic freight rates and other charges for transportation services according to rate tables and tariff regulations.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Facility Traffic controllers verifies documentation for accuracy for any materials that enters the facility.
- Facility Traffic controllers will spot for forklifts in the event of blind spots during the movement.
- Facility Traffic controllers enforce the speed limit requirements.
- Must be able to prioritize and coordinate support to limit waiting periods for offloading and on loading vehicles.
- May signal workers operating cranes or other equipment to stop in the event of personnel entering operating areas.
- Must be able to comprehend all OSHA standards pertaining to general safety.
- Will perform additional related tasks as assigned by Supervisor, some of which may become essential to the position.
Required Skills and Education
- Must have the ability to compile and compute international and/or domestic freight rates and other charges for transportation services according to rate tables and tariff regulations.
- Ability to examine shipping bills to obtain description of freight and classifies freight according to rate book description.
- Experience consulting rate schedule to obtain specific rate for each item classified depending on method of shipment and/or distance shipped.
- Must comply with safety/OSHA rules and requirements.
- Must comply with company instructions, and guidelines.
- Must be able to communicate and dispatch assistance effectively.
- Must be able to coordinate with trades, subcontractors, government representatives, and government contractors effectively.
- Must be able to solve problems in a timely manner.
- Must be able to understand and communicate the danger areas and control the movement of personnel and equipment, on the pier, and within the facility during operations.
- Must be able to conduct initial command and control of the facility in the event of an emergency.
Preferred Skills and Education 2 Years in a Shipyard Environment Preferred
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom