Traffic Analyst II Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Louisville, KY 40214-2600, US
Supply Chain & Logistics
Job Description Works under direction and guidance of the Department Manager/Supervisor and ensures compliance with government category regulations and procedures on all outbound shipments. Prepares export documentation in support of international shipments to ensure material is transported in compliance with international licensing requirements. Works with designated brokers to ensure exports are transacted through US Customs effectively to minimize risk of fine or seizure.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Maintains shipping procedures for domestic, export, government and hazardous material shipments.
- Ensures that hazardous materials are properly handled and labeled for shipping.
- Documents and resolves issues related to shipping. Investigates, negotiates, and files all freight claims for loss or damage.
- Manages the shipment of items and product through the Company transportation contractor to ensure delivery of material and customer deliverables
- Maintains shipping records per BAE retention records procedure.
- Provides shipping support tracking and updating Metrics
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies.
- Shares responsibility of self-development with immediate supervisor.
- Maintains dispatch to show all Traffic transactions in Oracle are correct and accurate.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Good planning, time management and organization skills.
- Sound interpersonal skills.
- Ability to use computers to prepare appropriate reports and documents.
Ability to develop and maintain professional and effective relationships with internal and external customers.Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- HS Diploma or GED, 1-2 years of shipping experience
- Scheduling outbound shipments, export licensing knowledge, ERP experience, 3PL knowledge
- Must be familiar with a variety of shipping/traffic concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Proficiency in use of word processing, spreadsheet, and database development programs (such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Security clearance required within one year of start of job.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills MIL Standard 2073 - militaryAbout BAE Systems Platforms & Services BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom