Test Lead Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
San Diego, CA 92127-1874, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description BAE Systems is looking for a Test Lead to work on a multi-disciplinary team in an Agile, fast-paced development environment. The qualified candidate will support the development and implementation of a Space Ground mission-focused software cloud application.
Assigned tasks may include the development of Test Plans, Test Procedures, integration and requirement sell-off. The Test Engineer will coordinate with the Skyfire Technical Team to accomplish program tasks, provide technical solutions, and support system integration on the Skyfire program. Supports customer meeting and briefings as necessary.
Position may require occasional business travel to customer locations in support of product demonstrations and customer meetings.Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Must have a Top Secret security clearance
- Motivated individual with strong problem-solving abilities
- The ability to engage constructively with peers and technical leads to communicate the technical approach, trade-offs, and technical decisions
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Understanding and application of modern software development and systems engineering practices, design principles, techniques, and technologies
- Highly motivated and able to work well in both team and solo settings
- Experience with developing systems engineering process for planning dev, integration and test
- Capable of writing detailed test procedures
- Capable of learning new systems quickly
- Able to read and follow procedures and flow diagram
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Holding an active Top Secret/SCI clearance would be highly desired
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering/technical discipline, and 10+ years related experience or equivalent experience, training and/or certifications
- Team player with a proactive attitude and the ability to be productive in a dynamic/collaborative environment
- Motivated self-starter with good problem solving skills, judgment, and analytical capability
- Ability to develop improved methods to increase program efficiency
- Demonstrated leadership skills (supervisory experience, building teams, mentoring, building customer relationships)
- Ability to negotiate effectively with higher level managers, functional managers, customers, industry partners, and teammates
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom