Test Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Rockville, MD 20850, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description Join BAE Systems’ Intelligence and Security Sector and be part of a diverse and enthusiastic team who solves some of the world's most complex technical challenges. BAE Systems is seeking an Engineer supporting our Strategic Weapon System (SWS) Test Program. The selected candidate will:
- Work collaboratively in a team setting with mechanical and electrical team members to support the Test program
- Participate in data collection and analysis
- Prepare test analysis reports
- Provide occasional on-site test support during test program execution
- Track and resolve problems found during testing
- Apply knowledge of engineering principles to support requirements verification and validation
- Develop and review documentation (including requirements documents, test plans, schedules, design documentation, software specifications) to support program needs
- Support development of data collection and analysis strategies and associated tools
- Develop a knowledge of the various subsystems that comprise the Strategic Weapons System
- Assist in the evaluation of technical documentation for system compatibility and potential impacts to the weapon system
- Prepare charts, diagrams, and reports expressing technical progress and accomplishments measured against specific milestones
- Participate in process development and process reengineering initiatives
- Establish requirements traceability and write test procedures for new test related initiatives
- Lead teams and working groups
- Participate in research and investigations as well as special studies
Required Education, Experience, & Skills Typical education and years of related/relevant work experience required: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or other related science and two years of relevant experience or six years of SSBN SWS experience in lieu of a degree.
Additional skills/experience required:
- Experience in Mechanical or Systems engineering, design, fabrication, interface definition, systems integration, and/or requirements verification / system testing
- Knowledge of CAD/CAM/3D Modeling
- Knowledge of ASME Y14.5 and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with others
- Demonstrated experience presenting technical information to customers
- Able to work well as a member of a team or independently
- Ability to work and communicate well with management, customers, and other contractors – including ability to provide clear and concise presentations/demonstrations of advanced technical concepts
- Demonstrated time management, task tracking, organizational skills, and ability to read, understand, and follow requirements
- Strong organizational, planning, and follow-up skills
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Master’s degree in applicable field of engineering or science and at least four (4) years of related work experience
- 3 – 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Experience with SpatialAnalyzer metrology software
- Experience with Navy weapons systems, Strategic Systems Programs (SSP), or NAVSEA
- Experience in requirements development and analysis
- Experience developing test procedures for verification of complex systems
- Demonstrated experience in Test and Evaluation methodologies including test planning, execution, and reporting
- Experience or knowledge of SWS SSBN and/or SWS SSBN Replacement submarine platforms
- SSBN Missile Technician with TRIDENT II SWS/SWSSS deployed experience
- Retired navy professional with Program Office Test and Evaluation experience. Prior Weapons Officer, Assistant Weapons Officer, or Weapons Department Chief experience
- Field site experience supporting the SSBN Test Program
- Experience in Statistics & Probability; Signal Processing and Kalman Filtering; and Control Theory
- Experience with Systems Engineering principles including requirements development, allocation, and analysis
- Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) or Digital Engineering (DE) experience
- Experience in Simulation Modeling and Analysis
- Knowledge of EMI/EMC and MIL-STD-461 testing
Full-Time Salary Range: $73370 - $124740
Please note: This range is based on our market pay structures. However, individual salaries are determined by a variety of factors including, but not limited to: business considerations, local market conditions, and internal equity, as well as candidate qualifications, such as skills, education, and experience.
Employee Benefits: At BAE Systems, we support our employees in all aspects of their life, including their health and financial well-being. Regular employees scheduled to work 20+ hours per week are offered: health, dental, and vision insurance; health savings accounts; a 401(k) savings plan; disability coverage; and life and accident insurance. We also have an employee assistance program, a legal plan, and other perks including discounts on things like home, auto, and pet insurance. Our leave programs include paid time off, paid holidays, as well as other types of leave, including paid parental, military, bereavement, and any applicable federal and state sick leave. Employees may participate in the company recognition program to receive monetary or non-monetary recognition awards. Other incentives may be available based on position level and/or job specifics.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom