Test and Evaluation Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Sterling Heights, MI 48312, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description What’s it like working for an innovative company that takes on some of the world’s most important challenges? Rewarding. Our reputation is built on delivering quality products that meet our customer's standards and help protect our U.S. service members. We rely on our team of Engineers to help make it possible. Right now, we are seeking a Test Engineer who is ready to take their career to the next level.
As a Test Engineer in Sterling Heights, you will:
- Test and evaluate many of the latest US Army combat vehicles.
- Conduct component, software / hardware, subsystem and vehicle level developmental performance test including instrumented automotive, structural, powertrain, suspension, thermal, electrical, hydraulic tests at our test track and in the field.
- Set up and run tests for our state-of-the-art tracked vehicles.
- Develop test plans, instrumentation packages, conduct tests, analyze data and create technical reports.
- Provide input on cost estimates.
- Work with and communicate effectively with design engineers and other test engineers.
- Occasionally travel (up to 10%) to military sites to support tests.
- Ability to support overtime as needed.
- This is an on-site position that works a 9/80 schedule with every other Friday off.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Engineering or other relevant technical discipline plus 2 years relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiarity with current computer applications and fundamental engineering concepts, practices and procedures.
- Ability to solve moderately complex technical design and development problems that require a professional level of engineering knowledge.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with customers to solve moderately complex technical problems.
- Ability to access, move about and drive a military vehicle during integration, troubleshooting and test activities.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Automotive related background a plus.
- Previous test and test equipment / instrumentation experience including data analysis.
- Experience with electrical systems, harnesses and schematics.
- Familiarity with relevant military and commercial design standards.
- Current Security Clearance.
Full-Time Salary Range: $73370 - $124740
Please note: This range is based on our market pay structures. However, individual salaries are determined by a variety of factors including, but not limited to: business considerations, local market conditions, and internal equity, as well as candidate qualifications, such as skills, education, and experience.
Employee Benefits: At BAE Systems, we support our employees in all aspects of their life, including their health and financial well-being. Regular employees scheduled to work 20+ hours per week are offered: health, dental, and vision insurance; health savings accounts; a 401(k) savings plan; disability coverage; and life and accident insurance. We also have an employee assistance program, a legal plan, and other perks including discounts on things like home, auto, and pet insurance. Our leave programs include paid time off, paid holidays, as well as other types of leave, including paid parental, military, bereavement, and any applicable federal and state sick leave. Employees may participate in the company recognition program to receive monetary or non-monetary recognition awards. Other incentives may be available based on position level and/or job specifics.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom