Telecommunications Specialist - Field Engineer - Expert Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Herndon, VA 20170, US
Engineering & Technology
Top Secret/SCI Polygraph
Job Description Field Engineer: Must have and maintain a strong awareness of technical equipment; be able to apply the Sponsor’s project management model for project-based development, deployment and installation efforts; and provide build, testing, analysis, deployment, and troubleshooting/lifecycle support for innovative hardware/software/ network systems and applications. Responsibilities include analysis of contract requirements; track progress of assigned installations and upgrades and work closely with Customer personnel to provide visibility into special projects.
Support includes working with procurement team for identification of required equipment or components to support build-out of systems; uncrating, set-up and build-out of new equipment. Hardware and software configuration and customization, system integration and testing of built packages, pack-out and shipment of the completed packages. System integration and testing of built packages, preparation of system documentation, conducting site surveys as needed prior to installation, drawings of rack elevations, training of onsite customer personnel; test, inspection, verification of all customer systems ensuring compliance with COMSEC policies and procedures and project management requirements.Required Education, Experience, & Skills Years of Experience Required: 8+
Required Education Level/Major: B.S. in Computer Engineering or related field
Can Equivalent Experience be Substituted for Educational Requirement (Yes/No): Yes
Weapons Certification Required (Yes/No): Not required for hire, but must be willing and capable of becoming certified.
Professional License or Certification Required (Yes/No) / Type: No, but relevant technical certifications desired
OCONUS TDY Required (Yes/No) / %: Yes, up to 40% OCONUS travel, including hazard areas as required.**
CONUS TDY Required (Yes/No) / %: Yes, up to 10% CONUS travel, as required. **
** Travel requirements/amount and duration are subject to the needs of the Customer and may be more or less than what is listed.
• Familiarity with Cisco network devices configuration, deployment, support, routing protocols, and Cisco IOS.
• Knowledge of Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) TCP/IP, Ethernet, Quality of Service (QOS), and Optical Networking.
• Proficient in installation of commercial leased lines, power systems, Type-1 Crypto, fiber cabling, and network equipment devices.
• Strong background in Microsoft Systems Engineering and providing support to those systems.
• Strong recent experience in Windows platform operating system and Microsoft applications including Windows 10 and Server 2012 / 2016 suite.
• Knowledge of virtualization products with a focus on Hyper-V.
• Knowledge of TCIP/IP routing and use of secure scripts.
• Experience providing Tier 3 Support to technical systems.
• Experience configuring, installing and maintaining network multi-layer switches, routers, firewalls, workstations, satellite, and secure communications
• Experience installing and terminating fiber optics and Ethernet cables
• Experience with McAfee product suite.
• Demonstrated strong performance as an Engineer, developing or implementing information systems with a broad experience base across the entire project lifecycle.
• Demonstrated strong performance as a technical leader working in a multi-contractor, on-site and virtual environment
• Demonstrated capacity to understand and communicate technical ideas, concepts, and thoughts across multiple technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Ability to work in fast pace, high pressure environment.
• Demonstrated ability to independently determine and develop approach to solutions.Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills • Experience working in Customer OCONUS environments
• Experience performing site surveys for systems installations, infrastructure and power requirements
• Experience providing technical training for both foreign and domestic audiences
• Technical Certifications: MCSE and/or CCIE
• Working knowledge of VMWare and ESXi.
• Previous experience with storage devices including NetApp.
• Working knowledge CSFC technologies and methodologies
• Current experience in the Sponsor’s classified and unclassified distributed work environment architectures and systems.
• Secure remote mobile computing.
Full-Time Salary Range: $140690 - $239140
Please note: This range is based on our market pay structures. However, individual salaries are determined by a variety of factors including, but not limited to: business considerations, local market conditions, and internal equity, as well as candidate qualifications, such as skills, education, and experience.
Employee Benefits: At BAE Systems, we support our employees in all aspects of their life, including their health and financial well-being. Regular employees scheduled to work 20+ hours per week are offered: health, dental, and vision insurance; health savings accounts; a 401(k) savings plan; disability coverage; and life and accident insurance. We also have an employee assistance program, a legal plan, and other perks including discounts on things like home, auto, and pet insurance. Our leave programs include paid time off, paid holidays, as well as other types of leave, including paid parental, military, bereavement, and any applicable federal and state sick leave. Employees may participate in the company recognition program to receive monetary or non-monetary recognition awards. Other incentives may be available based on position level and/or job specifics.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom