Job Description Job Attributes+
Dallas, TX 75252, US
Manufacturing & Maintenance
Job Description Expert-level repair technician with superior diagnosis/trouble shoot skills with high end, high performing radio/receiver technologies. Must be able to Inspect, troubleshoot, test and repair all Eclipse’s legacy products returned from customer, customer returned goods (CRG).
- Performs initial incoming visual inspections of all returned material and records results, as necessary. Notifies management if obvious customer damage is identified.
- Evaluates the configuration of all returned products and determines if any upgrades or modifications are necessary using the Eclipse Information System.
- Performs initial functional tests, using the appropriate test procedures, to determine the operational status of the returned item.
- Analyzes the Reported Failure and performs any additional tests required to duplicate the failure.
- Isolates any failures to a specific sub-assembly or module. Further isolates the failure to a specific sub-assembly component, when required.
- Obtains the necessary replacement parts by using the appropriate schematics and Bill of Materials to determine the required part numbers.
- Removes and replaces the failed components, to include, plug-in modules, as well as, extremely small, soldered-on, surface mount components.
- Performs all necessary after-repair tests to ensure the product meets all of the customer’s requirements.
- Documents all repair/test actions by annotating hard-copy routers and/or updating computer inputs.
- Collects and correlates all test data to be included with repaired products.
- Completes a preliminary Failure Analysis of the product and the specific cause of the failure or return.
- Ensures that all repair actions meet or exceed the Quality requirements of both the customer and Eclipse.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Associates Degree or Two Year Technical Degree in Electronics
- +7 years of experience in diagnosing, troubleshoot and repairing high performance radios/receivers.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of electronic practices and principles.
- Must be able to use high frequency Signal Generators, Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, as well as standard test equipment.
- Must possess a demonstrated ability to analyze malfunctions and troubleshoot to the component level.
- Must be able to speak and write using the English language.
- Ability to lift and/or move over 50 lbs.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom