Tableau Admin / Data Analyst Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Roy, UT 84067-3131, US
Engineering & Technology
BAE Systems is seeking an Tableau Admin and/or Data Analyst to support the Information Services (IS) team for the Strategic Systems, Air and Space Force Solutions business. The selected applicant will join the IS team as we seek to deliver world-class capabilities for our client and their associated contractors, driving productivity and innovation. This team supports system architecture and design, infrastructure and OS level support, commercial tool integration, and application support. This position will include the following duties and responsibilities:
* Design, creation, deployment, and management of the organizational data structure, translating business needs into mission appropriate long-term data architecture solutions including data access analysis and warehousing design and implementation.
* Plans, designs, develops new system architecture. Maintains existing Windows IT systems.
* Duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, and installing software on servers and workstations.
* Conducts capacity and performance analysis. Provides system configuration change and upgrade recommendations.
* Uses automated tools and scripts to improve efficiency and accuracy.
* Work with internal and external organizations to support various customer user level requirements, including resolving elevated end user support requests, and researching and deploying advanced technologies.
* Business process analysis and system requirements development.
* Implement approved system security policies to include the configuration of user access and permission across a variety of systems.
* Monitors application status; support application event triage, monitoring, tracking, and correlation and event characterization and escalation, work with vendors as needed for event resolution. Follows up with customer to ensure issue has been resolved.
* Provides technical assistance, training and system documentation for users to promote efficient operation of applications.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
The applicant must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance. An active Secret clearance is preferred but not required.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Successful applicant will be able to work independently, demonstrate strong initiative, an ability to organize daily tasks with minimal supervision and demonstrates the following:
- Experience with Tableau and/or Microsoft Power BI Business Intelligence tools
- Experience with Windows operating systems and concepts.
- Working knowledge of various hardware platforms and software applications.
- Experience with troubleshooting, proactively identifying issues and driving them to resolution.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) as well as the ability to interact with team members, various levels of management, and internal clients with assorted levels of computer experience.
- Committed to results and success in accomplishing goals.
- A fast learner with a demonstrated ability to quickly learn technology and understand unique system requirements.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work after hours and weekends when required
- If not already DoD 8570 IAT Level II compliant, must receive CompTIA Security+ or other DoD 8570 - IAT Level II certification within six months of employment
This position requires the successful candidate to be able to obtain a Secret level clearance. The criteria for obtaining and holding a clearance are driven by US government requirements. You must be a US citizen to obtain a security clearance.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Preferred skills include experience with the following:
- A+, Network +, Security + CE or other DoD 8570 - IAT Level II certification
- Tableau/Power BI experience
- SharePoint administration experience
- Virtualization (VMware) and cloud architectures (AWS)
- Windows and/or Linux OS level server experience
- Network routing and switching, load balancers, and firewalls
- Standards compliance and information assurance, including ITAR, CCA, FedRAMP, DIACAP, RMF, ITIL, CMMI
- Quality Assurance
- Prior experience training, coaching and working directly with end users
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom