Systems Integration Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Rockville, MD 20850, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description BAE Systems is seeking a full-time Senior Principal Systems Engineer to be a part of our Systems Integration team working on the US/UK TRIDENT Submarine Strategic Weapon System and Modernization programs. The selected candidate will work closely with numerous engineering teams supporting the Strategic Systems Programs Office to drive the execution of systems engineering, integration, and test activities related to ongoing sustainment and future design iterations of the Strategic Systems Program.
For over 60 years, BAE Systems has served as the sole-source Weapons System Integration Agent for the U.S. Navy’s Strategic Systems Program (SSP) office. As the premier strategic deterrent integration expert, BAE Systems partners with various technical branches and industry partner OEMs across SSP to define, plan, and execute systems engineering, integration, and test activities related to the deployment of existing and future weapon systems on submarine platforms. The selected individual will work closely with SSP Government and industry partners to transform legacy systems engineering, integration, and test capabilities into model-based systems engineering methodologies that enable SSP to continue to be the DoD’s premier Weapon System Integrator (WSI). The selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Communicating the Shipboard Modernization Program vision and direction to functional areas to ensure the Continuous Development model is implemented in a timely manner.
- Performing horizontal integration planning, and interface with other functional areas, ensuring that technical solutions and schedules are implemented in a timely manner.
- Acting independently to uncover and resolve issues associated with the development and implementation of IPT projects.
- Embracing Model Based Engineering principles set forth by the Systems Engineering Transformation Team.
- Leading Systems Engineering technical reviews, technical studies/analyses/deep dives and providing solutions/recommendations to Government clients
- Attending customer staff meetings and meets frequently with the customer technical leads.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills Typical education and years of related/relevant work experience required: BS Degree in Engineering, Science, or related field and 8 years of related/relevant work experience.
Additional skills/experience required:
- Ability to operate across the multi-disciplined tactical levels
- Experience in modern weapon systems engineering best practices and applications. Must be able to identify problems early and be capable of providing the forum for technical interchange and coordination of subsystem integration and test activities among the technical branches and prime contractors
- Sound understanding of SSP organization with detailed knowledge on SSP systems engineering and test and evaluation policies and procedures
- Knowledge of the SWS architecture, subsystem interfaces, and testing requirements
- Working knowledge/experience with the SWS and/or AWS
- Exhibit sound interpersonal skills involving communicating, interacting, and working among technical branches and prime contractors
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Ability to exhibit an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness.
- Ability to apply and/or develop highly integrated plans from program principles and concepts meeting program objectives.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relations with customers to solve technical problems and implement solutions of extremely high complexity.
- Ability to ensure that technical outcomes are consistent with established engineering principles and practices and that customer and company technical, system, performance, and quality requirements are met.
- MIT MBSE Certification or equivalent
- Master’s degree in engineering, management, or related fields
- Active Top Secret clearance
Full-Time Salary Range: $122870 - $208890
Please note: This range is based on our market pay structures. However, individual salaries are determined by a variety of factors including, but not limited to: business considerations, local market conditions, and internal equity, as well as candidate qualifications, such as skills, education, and experience.
Employee Benefits: At BAE Systems, we support our employees in all aspects of their life, including their health and financial well-being. Regular employees scheduled to work 20+ hours per week are offered: health, dental, and vision insurance; health savings accounts; a 401(k) savings plan; disability coverage; and life and accident insurance. We also have an employee assistance program, a legal plan, and other perks including discounts on things like home, auto, and pet insurance. Our leave programs include paid time off, paid holidays, as well as other types of leave, including paid parental, military, bereavement, and any applicable federal and state sick leave. Employees may participate in the company recognition program to receive monetary or non-monetary recognition awards. Other incentives may be available based on position level and/or job specifics.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom