Systems Engineer (VMware vSphere, PowerShell) * remote worker opening) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Austin, TX 78753, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description BAE Systems is seeking a Systems Engineer with experience designing, securing and maintaining Windows Server and VMware vSphere environments at an Enterprise scale. Open to a Remote worker. *****
• Design, implement, secure and maintain Windows Server and VMware vSphere environments
• Responsible for multiple Windows Server technologies including Hyper-V, Remote Desktop Services (RDS) and Windows Failover Clustering
• Responsible for VMware vSphere infrastructure including Hyper-Converged Infrastructure (HCI)
• Ensure all compliance requirements and audit efforts are met
• Scripting (PowerShell)
• Interfacing with customers and ensuring customer satisfaction
Required Education, Experience, & Skills • Extensive experience with Windows Server 2012 and above
• Extensive experience with VMware vSphere 6.7 and above
• Proficient in PowerShell scripting and automation
• Exceptional analytic and problem-solving skills, with the ability to assess complex problems and propose practical solutions
• Proficiency in architecting and deploying infrastructure technology solutions in large-scale environments
• Strong experience with Windows Group Policy, Active Directory, Hyper-V, Remote Desktop Services and Windows Failover Clustering
• Experience with IIS and certificate management
• Working knowledge of Dell PowerEdge Server
• Functional knowledge of core networking concepts including TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, routers, switches, firewalls, load balancing, VLAN segmentation, etc.
• Strong written communication skills; must be able to write clear, concise technical documentation
• Excellent time management, decision-making, interpersonal, and organizational skills
• Proactively seek to expand knowledge and skills through self-study and other training
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Experience with PDQ is a plus
Experience with Puppet is a plus
Experience with DFARS/NIST compliance controls is a plus
Experience with Splunk is a plus
About BAE Systems, Inc.BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom