Systems Engineer TS/SCI with Polygraph Required Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Sterling, VA 20166-9411, US
Engineering & Technology
Top Secret/SCI Polygraph
Job Description BAE Systems is looking for experienced Systems Engineers for the newly awarded ISEE contract at DIA performing various IT functions. This contract has a minimum of a 5 year POP. Work locations will be Annapolis Junction MD, Sterling VA, Reston VA, Bolling AFB Washington DC, Tampa Bay FL, and Colorado Springs CO. We are looking for Server and Compute Platform Engineers, Data Center Engineers, Email and Email Archiving Engineers, Enterprise Monitoring Engineers, SharePoint Engineers, and IP Address Management Engineers,
Required Education, Experience, & Skills • Analyze user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications
• Analyze system requirements and leads design and development activities
• Guide users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies
• Provide technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology
• Incorporate new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations
• Develop system architecture and system design documentation
• Guide system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans
• Interact with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts
• Responsible for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility
• Communicate with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives
Skills and Task - Complex, Inter-Discipline, Inter-Organizational.
• Can perform tasks of senior level technicians, specialists, and/or managers not performed at Level 3 due to the size and/or complexity of the tasks.
• May work individually or as a key member of a senior leadership team.
• Oversees and monitors performance across several disciplines, and when required, takes steps to resolve issues.
• Provides experts guidance and direction to Government and Vendor senior level technicians and managers.
• Can direct multiple contractor and subcontractors teams through project completion.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills DoD 8570 compliance or information assurance certification
• High School Diploma + 12 years
• Associate's Degree + 10 years
• Bachelor's Degree + 8 years
• Master's Degree + 6 years
• PhD + 4 yearsAbout BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom