Systems Engineer - Threat Warning Systems Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Huntsville, AL 35806, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description See what you’re missing. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics – from providing the latest technologies in aircraft missile warning solutions to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.”
Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come enhance your career with us.
BAE Systems in Huntsville Alabama (HAL) is seeking candidates to join our growing Systems Engineering Team working on state of the art Threat Detection Systems. In Huntsville, our HAL Engineering team is working in a brand new building and operating in a unique environment where we have the power and resources of BAE Systems behind us while working in a dynamic and flexible model with the feel of a start-up. Applicants should have Systems Engineering experience in one or more aspects of the Systems Engineering Lifecycle ranging from ConOps, Architecture, Design and Development, to Verification and Validation, and including Production, and Sustainment of Fielded Systems. The successful candidates must be team players and have demonstrated experience in understanding Systems Engineering processes in support of either Development, Production, or Sustainment activities.
The role may encompass aspects of the following:
- System/ Sub-System hardware and/or software design upgrade activities
- System product technical baseline implementation, assessment and control throughout Development, Production, and Sustainment lifecycles by upholding system functional, performance, and interface requirements
- Supports system requirements allocations to Hardware, Software, and Integrated Test Engineering (ITE)
- Provides monitoring of and representation of Customer’s technical requirements & needs and manages requirements compliance assessment at the system level
- Ensures thorough and complete system requirements, management, traceability, verification and validation on Engineering labs, and/or Factory Test Stations and In-Process product changes
- Perform, or support, comprehensive planning and execution of all Systems Engineering activities across the program(s)
- Supports creation of Systems Engineering Technical and/or Staffing plans
- Supports Proposal development and Capture teams
This Huntsville Systems Engineering role provides access to technology, engineering, and program team members that mentor, and partner with, the candidate to successfully deliver artifacts to our Programs.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
Required Education, Experience, & Skills • Active Secret clearance required
• Bachelor's degree and 4 - 8 years of experience in a technical Engineering field, or equivalent experience
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with senior leadership and other engineering disciplines
• Must have experience as a Systems Engineer
• Must be self-motivated and detail-oriented
• Must be able to track progress on team tasks and report progress to program teamPreferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Digital Engineering, Model Based Systems Engineering (SysML), Model Based Agile Engineering (Value Driven Digital Threads) and Agile Mindset principle, practices & processes and tools & techniques
- Experience in identifying and tracking technical risks
- Experience supporting a FRB – Failure Review Board
- Experience with planning, conducting or contributing to FRACAS Events and resulting trade studies
- Experience with writing and maintaining requirements using DOORS
- Experience with integration and test
- Exposure to Technical Performance Measures (TPMs)
- MS Systems Engineering
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom