Systems Analyst Mid-level Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Washington, DC 20024, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description As a member of our team, you will join a diverse group of driven professionals who design the products and systems that support enhanced capabilities, protect national security, and keep critical information and infrastructure secure. With us, you will be able to make an impact while you hone your skills and grow in your career.
BAE Systems is looking for an experienced Business Analyst (mid-level) to join a strong team supporting our government customer. This position will provide the ability to make a significant impact to the mission while also allowing the candidate to grow their skills and career.
The ideal Business Analyst will have a strong background in requirement gathering, customer interaction, user story creation, and project coordination. The BA will work closely with the development team, stakeholders, and customers to bring our re-engineered application to completion in a timely and efficient manner.Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Requirements Gathering: Work with stakeholders and customers to gather and document requirements for the re-engineered system. Ensure that all requirements are clear, concise, and comprehensive.
- Customer Interaction: Maintain positive relationships with customers and stakeholders by actively listening to their needs and concerns. Communicate project status, risks, and issues effectively to all parties in collaboration with government leads.
- User Story Creation: Write clear and detailed user stories that accurately reflect the requirements of the customers and stakeholders. Ensure that user stories are well-organized and easily understood by the development team.
- Project Coordination: Work closely with the development team and government leads to ensure that efforts are completed on time. Assist in monitoring progress and report on project status to stakeholders and customers.
- Process Improvement: Continuously evaluate and improve processes to ensure that the re-engineered system is efficient and effective.
- Perform as the Scrum Master.
- Assists with functional and product testing.
- Assists in handling application service tickets.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Experiences with the Atlassian tools to include Jira and Confluence.
- Experiences with Agile and Scrum and Kanban frameworks
- Strong planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to create detailed reports and give presentations.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think creatively.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience as a business analyst in software development environment. In absence of years of experience, certifications or past work may be used to show the level of experience needed to perform at this level.
Full-Time Salary Range: $109120 - $185460
Please note: This range is based on our market pay structures. However, individual salaries are determined by a variety of factors including, but not limited to: business considerations, local market conditions, and internal equity, as well as candidate qualifications, such as skills, education, and experience.
Employee Benefits: At BAE Systems, we support our employees in all aspects of their life, including their health and financial well-being. Regular employees scheduled to work 20+ hours per week are offered: health, dental, and vision insurance; health savings accounts; a 401(k) savings plan; disability coverage; and life and accident insurance. We also have an employee assistance program, a legal plan, and other perks including discounts on things like home, auto, and pet insurance. Our leave programs include paid time off, paid holidays, as well as other types of leave, including paid parental, military, bereavement, and any applicable federal and state sick leave. Employees may participate in the company recognition program to receive monetary or non-monetary recognition awards. Other incentives may be available based on position level and/or job specifics.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom