Systems Administrator Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Seattle, WA 98101, US
Engineering & Technology
Top Secret/SCI Polygraph
Job Description Perform system installation, set-up, administration, maintenance, troubleshooting and end-user support. Support the intelligence and investigative priorities to support the mission.Required Education, Experience, & Skills Required to have graduated from a nationally accredited college/university and received a bachelor’s degree in an information technology discipline, relevant engineering discipline, or equivalent with an appropriate number of years in current and related work experience (See below). Five additional years of related work experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Must be proficient in systems administration, using Windows operating systems and high-level Active Directory administration. Familiarity with Linux and a general understanding of enterprise virtualization for desktops and servers is desirable;
- Possess competency to handle multiple projects from inception through to implementation;
- Experience shall include day-to-day administration and operation of complex networked computer-based systems distributed across its geographic region;
- Shall optimize system operation and resource utilization, perform system capacity analysis and planning, resolve performance problems with the servers and network, supervise the monitoring of CMP facilities / equipment, supervise testing and analysis of all elements of the network facility (including hardware, software, power, communications, lines, routers, switches, Taclanes, and terminals), and serves as a key contact for local / remote locations and customers to obtain clarification of problems and provide resolution of system failures and degradations;
- Must be proficient supporting specialized, intelligence-based computer systems and applications, with the ability to replace hard drives, memory modules, motherboards, power supplies, etc.;
- Shall possess competency in infrastructure management techniques such as change management, problem management, configuration management, and system lifecycle;
- Must be proficient using Storage Area Networks (SAN)/Redundant Array of Independent Disks (RAID) and removable storage media, including compact disc/digital versatile disc (CD/DVD), and Magneto-Optical (MO) Disks;
- Must possess excellent oral and written communications, in English, strong teamwork skills, and excellent interpersonal skills which are essential to relate with technically-trained agents, case agents, telecommunication specialists, system analysts, supervisory linguists, linguists, and end-users who have differing levels of technical skills;
- Must be capable of performing duties without direct supervision;
- Demonstrate an understanding of multiple telecommunications technologies required to support associated feeder systems/ equipment such as multiplexers, digital access carrier/cross connect systems (DACS), and channel banks;
- Possess knowledge and understanding of telecommunication and telephony signaling standards and protocols (e.g., UMTS, GSM, CDMA, ISDN, BRI, PRI, SIP, T1, VoIP, J-STD-25, T1.678, iDEN, etc.);
- Professional certifications in MCSA / MCSE (+ security) or equivalent is a plus
Physical Demands / Work Environment
a. The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the mission-essential functions of this job;
b. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit, stand, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects up to 50 lbs., and occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 lbs. Use of a hand truck and/or lift cart is required;
c. Critical sensory requirements include general vision, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to focus;
d. Hear or listen in normal range; and
e. The noise levels vary based on the size/amount of servers located within the CMP facility, usually moderate.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills High-Level Active Directory (AD) Administration
a) Create user and computer accounts in AD;
b) Reset user passwords;
c) Unlock user accounts;
d) Add user accounts to appropriate AD security groups;
e) Join computers to the domain and remove them as needed; and
f) Coordinate with OTD security to move accounts between Organizational Units (OU) when needed.
Windows Desktop Support
a) Check logs for indications of application and hardware problems;
b) Replace failed hard drives;
c) Assist users with tasks such as connecting to printers;
d) Install and update application software when automated processes fail;
e) Use remote assistance to view a user’s screen to assist with application issues; and
f) Update hostname and IP address settings as needed to facilitate workstation moves.
Network Device Support
a) Assist OTD network engineers with installations, moves, and changes to equipment; and
b) Troubleshoot copper/fiber cabling between the devices and re-terminate cables as needed (or coordinate with electronic technician (ET) personnel to repair cables).
a) Handle and prepare equipment for shipment to other FBI or to Vendor locations for operational support or for servicing (e.g., packing, delivering, etc.);
b) Enter shipping information in OTD databases and document the location and disposition of all items that are transferred or moved; and
c) Maintain CMP records to include intercept target details, court order information, inventory tracking, etc.
a) Provide application and intercept support, daily;
b) Assist users with establishing authorized access to appropriate cases and lines;
c) Troubleshoot intercepts when users report collection problems;
d) Implement new intercepts when court orders arrive;
e) Update court order information when renewals arrive;
f) Document all new intercepts in the CMP recordkeeping systems, and implement only lawfully authorized techniques; and
g) Reach out to appropriate OTD engineers and or telephone carriers when intercepts are not performing optimally.
CMP Feeder Systems/Server Hardware/Infrastructure Support
a) Assist in administering all aspects of the server hardware and various feeder systems deployed in the CMP; and
b) Conduct services such as terminating cables, to installing servers, to replacing hard drives in SANs, to coordinating with OTD infrastructure.
a) Contractors must have excellent oral and written communication skills, in English, for they will need to communicate complex information with case agents, language services personnel (whose first language may not be English), intelligence analysts (IAs), vendors, and telephone carriers.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom