Systems Admin ll Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Huntsville, AL 35806, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description Seeking an experienced IT systems administrator to support classified and unclassified lab environments that use Windows and Linux networked systems, with expertise in setting up and managing Microsoft Windows Active Directory, Group Policy Management, SharePoint, and Exchange services.
A successful candidate will be a Windows Server lead joining a team supporting internal customers, designing, implementing and managing lab infrastructure to meet the customer requirements. In this role, you will build, configure, administer and troubleshoot Windows (and Linux) servers and user workstation hardware and software; design and implement workgroup-scale networks; build and manage authentication, file-share, and other collaboration servers to support groups of heterogeneous client systems. You will work with facilities security staff to develop and apply hardening steps for systems for classified use to NISPOM Chapter 8, JAFAN, and other customer standards. Document system configuration for new and existing systems. Experience with centralized authentication technologies such as LDAP and Active Directory domains in supporting (Windows/Linux) cross-platform clients is desirable.
You should be customer service oriented, attentive to detail, self-motivated and work well in teams. Flexibility in approach to finding solutions, the ability to understand and act on the customer needs and priorities, and learn new technologies quickly are some of the qualities a successful candidate will have. You will also need to be willing to respond to occasional off-hours outages and take part in subsequent service restoration efforts.Required Education, Experience, & Skills You will need to be eligible to receive a security clearance within 3 months of hire date or have an active Secret clearance.
CompTIA Security+ (or equivalent) may be required to work in some of the customer labs, and preference will be given to candidates who hold this certificate.
Typical Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience in enterprise level Windows Server operating environments, including Windows Active Directory, Group Policy Management, SharePoint, Exchange services
- TCP/IP and Microsoft Networking concepts
- Windows and Unix/Linux interoperability services (e.g. centralized authentication technologies for cross-platform clients)
- Windows shell scripting
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and move into positions either standing or kneeling that require connecting computing equipment up for use.Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills - Virtual machine (VM) technologies (ESXi, VCenter, VSphere)
- NetApp Management
- PXE and WDS automated system installation technologies
- Automated backup systems
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux and CentOS
- Unix shell scripting
- Configuration management tools (Subversion, ClearCase)About BAE Systems, Inc.BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom