System Integration Eng Sr Prin Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Dulles, VA 20171, US
Engineering & Technology
Top Secret/SCI Polygraph
If you are in search of an opportunity where you are able to use your technical knowledge, organizational skills, and desire to support an important world-wide mission, this position is for you! We are in search of an energetic Technical Project Integrator to join our Operations & Support Team. This position affords the right candidate an excellent opportunity to work with a great team of technical security professionals who directly support one of the Customer's important missions.
As the Technical Project Integrator / Operations Manager, you will be responsible for planning, tracking, reporting, and managing the implementation and operations of a new OCONUS support effort. In this role, you will provide technical project life-cycle support including a technical understanding of relationships, dependencies, and requirements of hardware and software components; coordinate with other team members to ensure problem resolution, appropriate risk reduction, and user satisfaction; and make recommendations, as needed, on test and evaluation strategies for application development and system installations.
This position requires a TS/SCI clearance with polygraph. Candidate will NOT be considered without it.
Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities may include:
- Coordinate the preparation of global site installation plans and technical design packages
- Increase collaboration and communication between numerous divisions/branches within the group to ensure seamless field deployments and reliable support
- Maintain integrity of systems by defining requirements, architecture, and interfaces
- Perform network modeling, analysis, and planning including research of products as well as hardware and software recommendations
- Maintain and track network issues to ensure Operations Center response integrity
- Ensure adequate and appropriate communications and planning is provided for facilities
- Coordinate efforts of a staff engaged in facility additions, moves or changes, including analysis, telecommunications planning, cabling, IT requirements, etc.
- Assess and document current global inventory
- Tracking and monitoring team's action items.
- Recommending changes to improve systems and network configurations, and determine hardware and/or software requirements related to such changes.
- Gathering data pertaining to customer needs, and using the information to identify, predict, interpret, and evaluate system and network requirements.
- Assisting with configuration management of team's documentation.
- Assisting with Security Plan documentation updates.
Typical Education and Experience:
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
- Proven ability to lead technical projects to completion
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, active listening); able to communicate/collaborate with both technical SMEs as well as with govt management and programmatic support elements of the organization
- Experience with technical integration efforts
- Experience using process tracking and/or document control software
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to assist with travel/deployment schedules, collaboration with OCONUS locations, and collection and reporting of worldwide support efforts
- Ability to prioritize and track multiple projects/taskings
- Self-starter not satisfied with status quo
- Process-improvement and waste-reduction oriented
- Experience with supporting large O&M and installation efforts
- Experience with operations management and/or support
- Understanding of physical and/or technical security systems
- Understanding of customer’s OCONUS mission
- Experience using Jira and Confluence for requirements tracking and communication
- Experience with Microsoft Project
- Experience with Excel Pivot Tables
- Experience/understanding of Agile frameworks
Required Skills and Education Generally requires eleven (11) years of experience with the specific computer language, systems, and/or technology is significantly more important than the number of years of experience.Preferred Skills and Education General professional years of experience may be substituted for specialized years of experience at the ratio of three (3) years of general experience with an occupation of one (1) year of specialized experience.
Relevant certifications will be considered equivalent to three (3) months of specialized experience.
An Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical discipline related to the specific skill can be considered equivalent to eighteen (18) months specialized experience.
A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical discipline related to the specific skill can be considered equivalent to three (3) years of specialized experience.
A Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical discipline related to the specific skill can be considered equivalent to five (5) years of specialized experience when combined with a Bachelor's degree
A Doctorate in in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical discipline related to the specific skill can be considered equivalent to seven (7) years of specialized experience when combined with a Master's and Bachelor's degreeAbout BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom