Supply Chain Program Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Louisville, KY 40214-2600, US
Supply Chain & Logistics
Job Description BAE Systems has an opportunity available now for a Supply Chain Program Manager (SCPM) in Louisville, Kentucky* in support of the Combat Mission System (CMS) business area within the Platform and Services (P&S) sector. In this role, the SCPM will serve as a strong leader with demonstrated project management skills. Directly accountable for ensuring overall supplier performance. A self-starter, the SCPM will develop and strive to achieve organizational and program objectives, while interfacing with all levels of internal management, including supplier management. Leads program supply chain activities and acts as a liaison between the Program Manager(s), other functional leads, and the Supply Chain organization. Responsible for the development, coordination, and execution of all program material strategies, supply chain objectives, and enterprise objectives. Works closely with Engineering, Quality, and Operations to create common schedules based on Material Requirements Planning. Responsibilities span from the front end of the business Supply Chain activities through contract closure. The SCPM uses their influence for impact upon the overall objectives and long-range goals of the program and the program team.
- Risk and Opportunity management;
- Provide briefings in customer forums;
- Develop and execute supply chain strategies and plans;
- Create, manage, and execute material program strategies and the material program plans;
- Provide comprehensive Supply Chain support for Proposal activities and ensure compliance for the programs and tailoring when applicable;
- Take overall ownership of the supplier management process including supplier performance, SCM metrics, international issues (as applicable), strategic agreements, and communication of customer flow through requirements such as FAR / DFARS, ITAR, offset, public law, quality, warranty, etc.
- Develop and lead supply chain proposal activities including task descriptions and basis of estimates.
- Develop and execute risk/opportunity plans to meet program objectives.
- Identify and develop opportunities for small business participation.
- Monitor and pro-actively address performance and financial metrics including those related to cost, schedule, quality, and EVMS.
- Develop and track budgets, targets, initiate and maintain accurate sales forecasts, short-range material EACs.
- Collaborate with other programs to maximize efficiency of program execution.
*NOTE: Role can be temporarily supported via telework. Long-term, however, will be on-site in Louisville 2-3 days a week.Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Typically requires a Bachelor's Degree in a related field and eight (8) years of work experience in Supply Chain, Operations, or another relevant function.
- Knowledgeable in supply chain fundamentals, including expediting.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to prepare and lead presentations and briefs.
- Highly effective communicator able to listen, negotiate, persuade, and disseminate information collaboratively with internal/external customers and supply chain partners and via cross-functional teams.
- Computer skills, including MS Office Suite.
- Organization and prioritizing skills.
- Manufacturing environment experience.
- Ability to support travel of up to 25%. International travel may be required.
- Once feasible, must be able to support out of the Louisville, Kentucky site 2-3 days a week.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Preferred background but not required:
- Advanced degree (i.e. masters in Supply Chain);
- PMP certification;
- Leading/influencing cross-functional team;
- Demonstrated performance against financial budgets and forecasts;
- Supporting proposal efforts;
- Implementing continuous improvement, Six Sigma or Lean methodologies/principals;
- Experience within a DoD environment;
- Knowledge in FAR / DFARs.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom