Supply Chain and Aviation Logistics Warehouse Field Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Jacksonville, FL 32224-2648, US
Engineering & Technology
BAE Systems is looking for a talented Supply Chain Warehouse Field Engineer that values and fosters a work environment in which technical excellence is highly regarded. You will be an integrated team member collaborating with US Navy program representatives and at the customer FRCSE Depot field location in Jacksonville, Florida. You will apply your supply chain attribute, skills and aviation logistics knowledge supporting BAE Systems fielded electronics logistics and material management capabilities.
The ALQ-126B Logistics Field Service Engineer will be assigned to support customer logistics requirements and assist the Depot/Program Office Team as required. This position requires a candidate to be Customer Oriented, possess keen organization skills / aptitude, can work autonomously or as a team member, self-starter, analyze technical data, and update PBL databases to response to customer requisitions. Must possess strong administrative and aviation logistical abilities and learn to process PBL requisitions in the Naval Supply System. The Logistics Field Engineer will support the contractual efforts and requirements to include: parts requisition generation, material tracking, database utilization, technical documentation/validation and administrative duties. The Supply Chain Warehouse Field Engineer will be the onsite representative and coordinator for material transportation to and from the customer depot facility. Field Engineer Position may require infrequent travel in support of customer material requirements. Must possess an “Active Secret” Security Clearance. No relocation assistance is provided.
Daily activities and material support requirements to include but are not limited to:
- Provide guidance, develop and modify procedures for all BAE Systems ALQ-126B FRCSE support function’s involved in the repair material procurement cycle.
- Establish the procurement strategy and modify the material procurement plan to insure the receipt of materials both at BAE Systems and FRCSE to meet the program requirements and delivery schedules agreed to at FRCSE.
- Identify and classify all critical (low risk/high risk) repair material items which may affect repair availability metrics.
- Provide continuous oversight on component availability and identify long lead items with respect to FRCSE.
- Coordinate all material and process issues with FRCSE and BAE Systems ES.
- Conduct necessary surveillance/oversight to insure schedules are met. Provide Program Manager with analysis of all issues, concerns and performance utilizing management and information supplied by FRCSE-JAX.
- Conduct necessary material review meetings to insure cost budgets and schedules are met. Provide program manager with analysis of committed, received and consumed repair materials utilizing management and information systems.
- Participate in the Artisan Sharing.
- Monitor and control all on hand material at the BAE Systems JAX Warehouse Facility.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement efforts at the FRCSE for improved Fleet Operational Availability.
- Participate in weekly IPT to determine repair activity necessary to meet Demand requirements.
- Provide trending information, based on repair activity at FRCSE.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- BSEE Degree and or 4 years of US Navy Supply Experience
- Experience and Knowledge of US Navy Supply - WEBCAVS
- Current US Passport or qualified to obtain passport
- Excellent Communications skills and experience working with US Navy military and government customer personnel at all levels. Customer Focused-Team Oriented; Strong organizational ability to work individually or as part of an IPT/Team.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Experience with computers and Microsoft 10 Office Products.
- Lift Requirements: Safely/Ergonomically lift equipment/product weighing up to 50 pounds (single person lift).
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Ability to quickly master new technical and supply chain applications
- US Navy Supply Requisition Knowledge and material database applications.
- ALQ-126B or EW Knowledge/Experience
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom