Supplier Quality Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Louisville, KY 40214-2600, US
Job Description The Louisville, Kentucky site of BAE Systems is seeking a Supplier Quality Manager. In this role, the Supplier Quality Manager will lead a supplier quality engineering team in support of a comprehensive supplier quality program which includes supplier QMS qualification and improvement, supplier strategy, supplier product quality, supplier audit, root cause analysis, supplier quality scorecards, and continuous improvements. The Supplier Quality Manager will be charged to develop and implement program quality plans and procedures. Ensures that performance and quality products conform to established company and regulatory standards. Reviews, analyzes and reports on quality discrepancies and data related to production. Investigates problems and develops disposition and corrective actions for recurring discrepancies. Interfaces with stakeholders to ensure requirements are met. Recommends corrective actions, dispositions, process optimization and modifications. Provides Supplier Quality support to the Line of Business (LOB) Quality Departments and suppliers of direct materials and services and assists in day to day operations. Provides support to LOB’s procurement activities regarding supplier surveillance and nonconformance investigations.
Duties to include:
- Acts as site lead for Supplier Quality.
- Sets departmental objectives in line with overall business objectives.
- Oversees a team of 14-15. Conducts performance reviews with employees. Responsible for employee training and development.
- Leads efforts required to prepare potential suppliers for eventual qualification as approved suppliers to LOB’s supplier requirements.
- Coordinates evaluation audits at supplier facilities and their respective audit reports.
- Directs activities for prevention of nonconformance by developing a supplier action plan through which positive determination of causes, corrective actions, and follow-up activities are identified.
- Resolves issues with problem materials from suppliers by working through purchasing and the supplier/vendor.
- Administers non-conforming material disposition in accordance with the Quality Management System.
- Assists supplier as required in preparation of and subsequently approves supplier related inspection/test documentation for compliance to contract and purchase orders.
- Assists supplier in development of acceptable quality assurance systems, processes, and procedures to facilitate continuous improvement of supplier performance and achievement of LOB approval status.
- Consults and/or acts as liaison with LOB’s Quality and/or Purchasing departments and provides the support required to successfully evaluate and bring closure to any supplier quality issues, whether in-house or at the supplier facilities.
- Communicates with key organizations such as materials, engineering, administrative, manufacturing, quality, and customer personnel as required.
- Serves as a LOB Internal Quality Auditor as required.
- Effectively and efficiently utilizes that part of the LOB’s Strategic Architecture for which responsibility lies (e.g.: TQM, LOB Operating System, and Core Values).
- Responsibility of a signature level of authority as defined by the LOB standard.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of relevant discipline(s), industry practices, trends, and applications.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Typically requires a Bachelor's Degree, preferably in engineering, and ten (10) years related experience or the overall equivalent experience;
- Proficiency in quality fundamentals including root cause analysis, GD&T, six sigma, lean, etc.;
- Experience managing supplier qualifications and supplier process improvements;
- Strong leadership abilities with a proven track record of driving quality performance;
- Managerial experience leading, driving, and motivating a team;
- Exceptional communication skills;
- Computer proficiency to include MS Office and industry related software;
- Ability to support "boots on the ground" at BAE Systems' Louisville, Kentucky site.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Preferred but not required background:
- Department of Defense manufacturing environment.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom