Subcontracts Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Fort Wayne, IN 46818, US
Supply Chain & Logistics
See what you’re missing. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics –from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first –exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
BAE Systems is seeking a Subcontract Program Manager to support our Multi-band Communications and Crypto (MCC) business. The successful candidate will Procure materials, equipment, supplies and services of a highly-specialized and complex nature based on program-specific requirements and specifications. Candidate must have the ability to work independently, as well as interface cross functional program teams on all subcontract related issues; multi-tasking is crucial for success. Must be able to assess, prioritize, drive issues to closure and be assertive when required. Exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of duties. Exhibit best practice work habits and collaborate with other subcontract team members to promote operational excellence. Deliver quality customer service to both internal and external customers and foster and maintain good supplier relationships. Drive Zero Defect initiatives with suppliers.
Additional they will Review proposals for RFP compliance, lead proposal evaluation team in fact-finding, and cost/price analyses, negotiate subcontract provisions, document subcontract files in compliance with FAR/DFAR Regulations and company policies and procedures. Prepare, issue and manage complex subcontract types.
Contributes to the formation of Statements of Work and Subcontract Management Plans. Prepares, issues, and administers non-disclosure agreement with subcontractors as required. Generates RFPs and evaluation criteria in accordance with program requirements. Supports program proposal preparation activities. Receives and reviews subcontractor proposals, by examining estimates of material, equipment services, production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness. Negotiates Terms and Conditions including price, delivery, quality, and performance requirements. Administers subcontracts, and executes supplier management activities to provide for acquisition and fulfillment of direct requirements in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications. Documents the entire fact finding and negotiation process. Ensures that discussions, correspondence and agreements with potential and actual subcontractors are in accordance with government law, corporate and company policy and program special provisions. Compile and analyze data; and maintain historical information and compliant file documentation.
Manages suppliers through all phases of program execution including: ensuring schedule and requirements compliance, responding to subcontractor inquires, Coordinating and documenting supplier meetings, resolving invoice issues, participating on proposal evaluation team(s) in fact finding, technical evaluation, and cost/price analysis, negotiating subcontract modifications. Generates necessary input for metrics and reports.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience in a large, complex multifaceted electronics design & manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with defense aerospace industry & regulations and the Understanding of the role of subcontractors in complex industries.
- Experience leading major procurement efforts in a Department of Defense (DOD) contracting environment.
- Knowledge of FAR and DFAR regulations and the nature of flow down requirements.
- Knowledge of ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulation) and EAR (Export Administration Regulation)
- Understanding/knowledge of CPSR audits and requirements.
- Comprehensive understanding of subcontractor solicitations and bid analysis/process.
- Strong working experience generating, negotiating and executing major subcontracts/purchases.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve contractual conflicts with subcontractors through negotiations and contractual vehicles.
- Project / Supplier Management
- Financial Acumen
- Proven leadership and organizational change experience
- Ability to motivate and manage personnel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent time management/organizational skills
- Strong experience managing Subcontracts or Procurement team.
- Strategic/Critical Thinking
- Ability to find win-win solutions; a “make it happen” attitude
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline and 6 years or more of directly related work experience preferably in a government-contracting environment.
- U.S. Citizenship
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Willingness and desire for continuous improvement.
- Generosity of thought and knowledge.
- Well versed with Oracle ERP system.
- Secret clearance or secret eligible.
- Cost Analysis experience (COPD, CID, Competitive)
- Earned Value Management and Lifecycle Management experience
- 6 plus years’ experience in operations, supply chain, procurement.
- Professional Supply Chain Certification: C.P.M., C.P.S.M., P.M.P.
- Graduate degree in a related field.
- Contracts / Legal background
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom