Subcontracts Administrator Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
McLean, VA 22102, US
Supply Chain & Logistics
Job Description BAE Systems is seeking a Subcontracts Administrator to join our team. The individual must be able to work in a fast paced, challenging environment while supporting proposals / programs with multiple contract types.
They will become a member of the multi-disciplinary team to perform the coordination, negotiation and management of highly complex proposals and subcontracts under minimal supervision. Position requires a comprehensive knowledge of business agreements, government and commercial contracting methods, including policies, procedures and Federal regulations in order to provide appropriate guidance and support. Prepares/reviews proposals, develops evaluation criteria, negotiates subcontract provisions, selects or recommends subcontractors, writes subcontract packages for review, prepares, awards and administers resulting subcontracts. Negotiates additions, deletions, or modifications to subcontracts.
Ability to work independently, as well as manage cross functional program teams on all subcontract related issues; multi-tasking is crucial for success. Must be able to assess, prioritize, drive issues to closure and be assertive when required. Exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of duties. Exhibit best practice work habits and collaborate with other subcontract team members to promote operational excellence. Deliver quality customer service to both internal and external customers and foster and maintain good supplier relationships.
It is preferred that the successful candidate reside in the Washington DC area.
Duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Build, Review, and approve CPSR compliant file documentation
- Represent BAE Systems as the official interface between program management and suppliers
- Prepare proposal and other business documents for execution. Examples include Request for Proposal, price analysis, small business plans, and written narrative documents related to subcontractor’s requirements and/or performance
- Review and verify accuracy and completeness of proposal packages
- Coordinate subcontractor proposals with internal team
- Review subcontractor proposals and negotiate the terms and conditions
- Prepare subcontract documents and amendments, including identification and inclusion of cascaded requirements from the prime contract ensuring terms and conditions will be appropriate
- Prepare reports and contractual correspondence for project management
- Coordinating and providing advice and interpretation of contract/subcontract requirements to both internal and external customers
- Perform price analysis to ensure reasonableness of pricing for BAE Systems in accordance with regulatory requirements and company policies
- Perform subcontract closeout actions, complete file documentation, and transfer files accordingly
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate and/or required
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5-7 years’ work experience or equivalent experience
- Experience supporting DoD programs
- Experience managing diverse subcontractors, both large and small businesses
- Experience awarding/managing diverse Subcontract Types
- Proficient with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR) and defense contracting
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and written
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Excellent Organization and follow through skills
- Costpoint Experience
- Willingness and desire for continuous improvement
- Excellent time management/organizational skills
- Ability to find win-win solutions; a “make it happen” attitude
- Understanding/knowledge of CPSR audits and requirements
Full-Time Salary Range: $76450 - $130020
Please note: This range is based on our market pay structures. However, individual salaries are determined by a variety of factors including, but not limited to: business considerations, local market conditions, and internal equity, as well as candidate qualifications, such as skills, education, and experience.
Employee Benefits: At BAE Systems, we support our employees in all aspects of their life, including their health and financial well-being. Regular employees scheduled to work 20+ hours per week are offered: health, dental, and vision insurance; health savings accounts; a 401(k) savings plan; disability coverage; and life and accident insurance. We also have an employee assistance program, a legal plan, and other perks including discounts on things like home, auto, and pet insurance. Our leave programs include paid time off, paid holidays, as well as other types of leave, including paid parental, military, bereavement, and any applicable federal and state sick leave. Employees may participate in the company recognition program to receive monetary or non-monetary recognition awards. Other incentives may be available based on position level and/or job specifics.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom