Subcontract Management Lead Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Austin, TX 78725-2151, US
Supply Chain & Logistics
Job Description See what you’re missing. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics –from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first –exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
In Countermeasure & Electromagnetic Attack Solutions (CEMA), we develop next-generation threat detection and countermeasure solutions to provide customers with unparalleled electronic warfare capabilities to enhance mission survivability. We are seeking an experienced Subcontract Manager to lead the subcontracts team for our Austin Business Center (ABC) and Active Protection Solutions (APS) Product Line. In this role, you will report directly to the CEMA Subcontracts Director while leading a team of approximately eight (8) subcontract professionals at various experience levels. The successful candidate will bring a strong background in procurement and subcontract management and act as the functional management interface for programs, product line management, and Business Area executives. This role will have direct engagement with programs and other business functions in consulting on contractual matters, shaping subcontracting strategies, supporting internal and external audits, delivering compliant proposals, and managing subcontract purchase orders through contract closure. This role is responsible for managing the team’s workload to include overseeing the team’s issuance of supplier purchase orders and agreements that are fully compliant to internal policies & procedures, Federal Acquisition rules and regulations, and public law requirements. This role is responsible for identifying opportunities and developing strategies to reduce risk and drive long-term affordability and Zero Defect initiatives within the supply base. The successful candidate has the ability to lead cross-functional subcontract management teams to manage supplier relationships and overall subcontractor performance including technical, cost, schedule, and contract performance.
Develops/validates subcontract specifications, work statements, subcontract management plans and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment, supplies and services of a highly specialized nature which may require alterations and lead activities of subcontract administration teams on assigned programs required for the sourcing of complex (i.e., engineering development) programs for material, software, and services. Must have individual contributor capabilities to prepare/review proposals, develop evaluation criteria, negotiate subcontract provisions, select or recommend subcontractors, write subcontract packages for review, prepare awards and administer resulting subcontracts and negotiate additions, deletions, or modifications to subcontracts and resolve invoice issues. Assist in planning, developing, and executing corporate training and organizational development plan for Subcontracts personnel.Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Demonstrated working experience generating, negotiating and successfully managing major subcontracts and complex procurements.
- Motivate and effectively manage a team of subcontracts professionals toward meeting or exceeding program, product line, and functional goals and objectives.
- Provide coaching, training, and performance development to build team skills and knowledge
- Manage a staffing plan to provide workload balancing and alignment of team resources and skillsets with current and future requirements and projects.
- Strong experience collaborating with cross-functional teammates (i.e. Contracts, Engineering, Quality, Program Managers, Finance, Compliance, etc.) and key internal/external stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior management regarding subcontract performance (i.e. cost, schedule, risks & opportunities, etc.) as well as performance to key financial objectives
- Ability to develop successful negotiation strategies and effectively lead complex negotiations to achieve favorable outcomes and balanced agreements.
- Demonstrated knowledge of acquisition policies / procedures, and demonstrated experience with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS), and Public Laws applicable to U.S. Government Procurements.
- Knowledge of the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulation (EAR) and how they relate to major subcontracts and complex procurements.
- Ability to support critical audits (i.e. Contractor Purchasing System Review, AS9100, etc.)
- Significant experience developing, defining, and ensuring compliance with key requirements (statements of work, drawings/specifications, contractual terms & conditions, prime contract flowdowns, etc.)
- Strong experience leading and/or supporting the development and submittal of compliant supplier proposals, preferably in a defense and aerospace environment.
- Proactively identify risk and develop appropriate mitigation plans; Development of root cause and corrective actions plans
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Ability to travel approximately 25% of the time on average, with occasional needs up to 50%.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline and 10 years or more of directly related work experience preferably in a government contracting environment.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom