Subcontract Administrator Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
McLean, VA 22102, US
Supply Chain & Logistics
Job Description To perform the coordination, negotiation and management of highly complex proposals and subcontracts under minimal supervision. Position requires a comprehensive knowledge of business agreements, government and commercial contracting methods, including policies, procedures and regulations in order to provide appropriate guidance and support. Prepares/reviews proposals, develops evaluation criteria, negotiates subcontract provisions, selects or recommends subcontractors, writes subcontract packages for review, prepares awards and administers resulting subcontracts. Negotiates additions, deletions, or modifications to subcontracts. The individual is expected to independently demonstrate leadership in contracting strategy and methods, and be proficient in research and presentation skills. Develop and maintain professional and dependable relationships with both internal and external customers.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop a working understanding of the US Government Acquisition and Procurement process, the BAE Systems Subcontracts function, relevant Company policies, procedures, FAR/DFAR, commercial contracting methods, and other government regulations.
• Support assigned proposal activities including, but not limited to, analyzing solicitations and preparing summaries based on the analysis, with attention to the financial and business risk of the proposed effort; participating in all proposal team meetings; preparing terms, conditions and assumptions for the proposal; reviewing technical and pricing proposals for accuracy and consistency.
• Review subcontractors cost and price proposals as assigned to ensure they are prepared and submitted in strict accordance with applicable laws, regulations, Request for Proposal (RFP) requirements and contractual provisions and Company policy.
• Coordinate with other Company functions as required ensuring that (1) appropriate reviews are scheduled and conducted.
• Assist lower level Contract Administrators in negotiations and other activities such as fact-finding and audits, auxiliary agreements (e.g. Non-Disclosure Agreements, Proprietary Information Agreements and Teaming Agreements). Negotiate subcontracts and changes commensurate with experience and demonstrated competence under the specific guidance of the higher level Subcontract Administrator or Subcontracts Manager.
• Act as the primary point of contact between the Company and the Subcontractors for all subcontract matters on assigned programs. Draft, prepare, and execute certain internal and external correspondence on contractual/program matters, under review by upper level Subcontract Administrators or Subcontract Managers, commensurate with experience and demonstrated competence.
• Compile and maintain all required subcontracts records and documents in accordance with Company policies and procedures. Serve as the official repository for all subcontract documentation and correspondence relative to assigned subcontracts.
• Participate in final stages of assigned proposals by (1) verifying completion of all commitments, and (2) performing assigned activities associated with Contract Closeout. Performs other duties as required.
• Prepare proposal and other business documents for execution. Examples include small business plans, price analysis and written narrative documents related to subcontractor’s requirements
Required Skills and Education Bachelor’s Degree and 6 years of Subcontracts Administration experience
Familiarity with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR) and defense contractingPreferred Skills and Education Secret Security clearance desired but not required
Certification in Government Contracting is desired
Ability to work in a high stress environment
Proactive and self-motivated. Results oriented
Strong verbal and written communications skills
Excellent organization skills
Ability to interact with others as well as all levels of management
Solid Work ethicAbout BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom