Sr Supplier Quality Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Los Angeles, CA 90056, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description We are looking for an experienced Supplier Quality Professional to implement tools and processes to ensure suppliers starting new work are prepared and have robust plans to deliver first time quality to BAE program customers.
The person will investigate, evaluate, and resolve supplier quality problems by conducting audits, analyzing defect trends, and leading continuous improvement projects. The Supplier Quality Engineer will conduct capability assessments that verify supplier qualifications, travel to assigned suppliers, and lead multiple projects to completion. You must be a self-starting problem solver who will utilize your analytical skills to find innovative solutions to quality-related issues. Strong communication skills are required to ensure suppliers understand requirements, expectations; make progress reports and present findings.
This position requires an independent, self-motivated and self-directed professional to address all regional Supplier Quality needs in the greater geographical region of southern California specifically in the greater Los Angeles area.
Expected Travel requirement: Approximately 50%. This will be a mix of local, day visits as well as some overnight travel, outside the local area.
The ideal candidate will:
- Utilize supplier Scorecards/metrics and analytical tools to quantify performance levels of individual suppliers and work with those suppliers to develop improvement plans to achieve quality performance goals.
- Evaluate the impact of non-conforming product and assess suppliers' corrective action robustness in order to ensure strong and permanent countermeasures.
- Champion problem solving and root cause analysis activities with suppliers to eliminate recurrence of non-conformances and drive "Zero Defect" mentality within the supply base.
- Perform Source Inspection of product at supplier locations
Perform and Evaluate First Article Inspections per the requirements of AS9102 as well as train suppliers to meet BAE System's expectations.Required Skills and Education
- Work Experience in a Supplier Quality Engineering role
- Experience in Aerospace or a Defense Electronics Prime Contract environment
- Working knowledge of AS9100 Quality System and AS9102B First Article Requirements and Source Inspections
- Experience with electrical/mechanical inspections, product test, equipment and instrumentation in accordance with IPC-A-610 and IPC-A-620
- Experience with diverse commodities including PWB, Optics, RF/MW
- Working knowledge of Nadcap Special Processes
- Direct knowledge of Manufacturing processes and supply chain logistics from raw material to finished goods including experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
- Effective Problem Solver using Structured Problem Solving methods and systems
- Effective communicator, able to express ideas clearly, directly and objectively
- Familiarization with mil-std 883, mil-prf-38534 and other related standard
- Effective, clear communicator and practical problem solver
Preferred Skills and Education
- Proficient experience in Production Process Validation, test, equipment, instrumentation and qualification of Mechanical and Fabricated products
- Working knowledge of PWB/CCA inspection/test, equipment and instrumentation (IPC-A-600 or IPC-A-610 certification desired)
- Experience with product test, equipment and instrumentation, knowledge of thermal processes, welding and brazing, finishes and coatings, nondestructive testing, fabrication, composites and other common processes common in the Aerospace and Defense Industries
- Familiarity with APQP and PPAP and process tools such as PFMEA and Control Plan
- Practical experience with Lean Manufacturing and Lean Six Sigma
- Green / Black Belt certification from a recognized organization
- Working knowledge of the principles and the purpose of a Quality Management System
- Eligibility to obtain a security clearance from the Department of Defense
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom