Sr Project Engineer - IPT Lead Test Engineering - Hybrid Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description Join us at our brand new location in Cedar Rapids. The Navigation and Sensor Systems organization is a growing business area developing the next generation of advanced military navigation systems. If you have an Engineering background and enjoy project management, then this is the place to be. Pilots may fly aircraft, but our navigation systems create the route and keep those pilots on course. What are you waiting for! Come be part of the immediate solution in Cedar Rapids and "plant your flag".
See what you’re missing. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics – from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.” BAE Systems continues to build on a strong history of providing navigation equipment to meet the evolving needs of commercial and military users. Our navigation solutions provided enhanced situational awareness and pinpoint accuracy for airborne and surface missions worldwide. Leading the way in the GPS, our array of products and systems cover airborne, precision-guided munitions, ground handheld receivers and embedded applications. Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
Engineering: Our engineers are the lifeblood of our company and we’re more than 5,000 strong. With our robust offering of educational and career development opportunities, your chances to grow are limitless.
The Role: In this role, you will:
- Lead a multi-disciplined engineering team in all technical elements of an entire Test Engineering project
- Coordinate with the program and/or product engineering managers to develop the program execution plan and primary execution responsibilities to ensure projects remain within budget, on schedule and requirements are met
- Apply integrated project management, technical consistent process, earned value, and risk management
- Perform as an Integrated Project Team Lead for all matters related to production and lab test solutions
- Coordinate Test Engineering design reviews and ensuring the generation of appropriate design documentation
- Understands relationship of his/her projects to other development projects, defining strategic plan to leverage the investments across the business unit
- Serve as the Cost Account Manager (CAM) for multiple projects. Track, report, and analyzes earned value metrics as required to understand program performance and to recommend staffing and/or schedule adjustment based on these metrics
Who you are:
- You possess strong leadership skills
- You’re willing to put in the time and effort it takes to get the job done
- You are always looking for ways to do things better and faster
- You possess excellent communication skills, including the ability to write technical material and present to customers and mid-level managers
Because this role involves a combination of collaborative/in-person and independent work, it will take the form of a hybrid work format, with time split between working onsite and remotely.Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
- Must have 3+ years of experience working with electronics/electrical design and/or test
- Be capable of hands-on troubleshooting using engineering lab equipment
- Ability to effectively communicate in a professional manner and produce detailed, clear and concise technical documentation
- US Citizenship is required
- Must be capable of obtaining a U.S. DoD Secret security clearance
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Prefer candidates with Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Computer Engineering
- Experience with Microsoft Project
- 5+ years experience combined in electronics/electrical design, test, project management
- Experience with military aerospace testing standards is desired
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom