Sr. Principal Design Verification Engineer - FPGA Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Austin, TX 78725-2151, US
Engineering & Technology
Picture yourself developing advanced electronic systems deployed to protect members of our armed services on some of the nation's most sophisticated aircraft. Pretty rewarding, right? And now imagine doing that job while working in a fast-paced environment using state-of-the-art tools and methodologies, all the while increasing your knowledge, growing your skills, and advancing your career.
BAE is looking for experienced senior level FPGA Design Verification Engineers who can plan, architect, and develop verification environments. Candidates will be given the opportunity to lead teams, mentor junior engineers, and contribute to the evolution of the company's verification processes and methodologies.
While in this job you will
- Plan, architect, develop, and use configurable, self-checking testbenches implemented in SystemVerilog/UVM and/or VHDL;
- Develop constrained-random, metric-driven test plans and strategies to verify FPGAs performing signal processing and control functions in Electronic Warfare systems;
- Collect and analyze coverage metrics, then use that information to improve the effectiveness of testcases;
- Enhance your leadership skills while leading small to medium sized DV teams
- Create reusable Verification IP to be shared across the organization;
- Drive changes to our process and methodologies.
- Enhance your DV skills as well as your knowledge of Electronic Warfare while working with subject matter experts;
- Mentor junior engineers across multiple U.S. locations
BAE Systems offers competitive pay, benefits, and important work-life balance initiatives including every other Friday Off, Flextime, and Telecommuting. BAE also believes in a culture of recognition for the extraordinary contributions of our skilled employees.
**Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status**
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree and 6 to 10 years work experience (or equivalent experience)
- Experience planning, architecting, developing, and using constrained random, self-checking testbenches in SystemVerilog/UVM, OVM, and/or VHDL
- Experience with FPGA/ASIC design and verification tools (Mentor Questa, Cadence, Synopsys)
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Experience developing and implementing test plans.
- Ablilty to work effectively in a multi-site or borderless environment
Because of the need for consistent, in-person collaboration and/or the requirement to perform all work onsite due to the nature of this particular role, it will be performed full-time on site.
This means work will be conducted on location at a BAE Systems facility 100% of the time.Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills The following skills/experience are preferred, but not required:
- Digital Signal Processing
- Working knowledge of VHDL
- FPGA Design Experience
- Experience creating reusable Verification IP.
- Experience leading small to medium teams with accountability for cost, schedule, and quality
- Experience driving process.
- Demonstrated mentoring skills
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom