Sr Operations Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Aiken, SC 29805-9320, US
Manufacturing & Maintenance
- This role will be onsite in Aiken, SC.
- This position will require up to 10% travel.
- This role has a 9/80 schedule where you will have every other Friday off.
- Provides leadership/input on strategic decisions around operations, manufacturing, and /or new product development with focus on maintaining a competitive edge.
- Coordinates planning and scheduling of plant activities to maximize schedule attainment. Collaborates with Program Management, Quality, and Supply Chain organizations to establish viable schedules and ensure quality material is available on-time to meet production needs.
- Manages schedule and controllable cost factors in welding, paint, and assembly/disassembly manufacturing areas. Investigates and provides effective countermeasures to cost or schedule variances.
- Develops and manages plant budgets that include accountability for control of direct and indirect labor costs and associated operating expenses. Enacts policies, procedures and makes decisions to ensure plant and program profitability.
- Develops and manages plant goals and objectives. Ensures objectives flow-down to all employees. Communicates status of performance to objectives including results of analysis and identified improvement opportunities.
- Lead process improvement initiatives in areas of responsibility and ensures safety, quality, cost, and inventory control requirements are met.
- Ensures availability of required resources including human capital and production equipment. Develops employee and plant capabilities as required to support short and longer term objectives. Facilitates hiring, training, and capital investment activities. Oversees a robust Business Continuity Management system.
- Plans and organizes workload and staffing over all shifts, utilizing proper equipment selections and materials in order to meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Champions a 'do it right the first time" culture. Facilitates continual improvements of process and equipment. Participates on the site Corrective Action Board. Ensures effective root cause analysis is performed and appropriate corrective actions are planned and implemented.
- Champions and nurtures a culture of SHE. Leads with 3 key tenets: SHE is everyone's responsibility, keep SHE in the forefront, and make SHE personal. Ensures incidents and near-misses are thoroughly investigated, root cause analysis performed and appropriate corrective actions implemented.
- Provides a safe and injury free work environment for all employees. Manages proactive audits of work environment and employee behaviors to reinforce safety, and rapidly mitigates identified risks.
- Ensures plant operations maintain compliance with government and corporate requirements. Facilitates audits and implements effective corrective actions as required.
- Performs duties associated with supervision including, but not limited to, hiring, training, evaluating, counseling. Utilizes the Positive Discipline process when appropriate to facilitate desired changes in employee behavior.
- Provides the leadership to develop an inclusive team, which is motivated to provide a high level of performance in safety, quality, and production to meet the needs of the internal and external customers.
- Enables the professional development of direct and indirect reports to ensure: (1) excellent current and future job performance; (2) adequate preparation for the employees' future career growth opportunities; (3) a highly talented and motivated workforce that will achieve the company's immediate and strategic objectives.
- Conducts coaching sessions with supervisors to drive achievement of performance targets.
- Promotes a culture of inclusiveness at all levels by effectively interacting with and communicating with employees.
- Serves as a liaison with the customer and the community.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree and 12 years of experience or equivalent experience
- Experience in Manufacturing/Production Industries
- Experience in Strategic Program/Operations Management
- Experience in People Management/Leadership
- Ability to manage program/project planning, scheduling, resource allocation, budgeting, and performance
- Ability to resolve technical, financial, and operational challenges
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Ability to creatively seek new ways to improve all aspects of the business
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Graduate Degree a plus
- Professional Certifications a plus
- Experience in Defense (DoD)/Government Contracting a plus
- Experience in Supply Chain/Material Management a plus
- Experience in Lean/Six Sigma Process Improvement a plus
- Experience in Change Management a plus
- Experience in a High Performance Team Environment a plus
Full-Time Salary Range: $147300 - $250400
Please note: This range is based on our market pay structures. However, individual salaries are determined by a variety of factors including, but not limited to: business considerations, local market conditions, and internal equity, as well as candidate qualifications, such as skills, education, and experience.
Employee Benefits: At BAE Systems, we support our employees in all aspects of their life, including their health and financial well-being. Regular employees scheduled to work 20+ hours per week are offered: health, dental, and vision insurance; health savings accounts; a 401(k) savings plan; disability coverage; and life and accident insurance. We also have an employee assistance program, a legal plan, and other perks including discounts on things like home, auto, and pet insurance. Our leave programs include paid time off, paid holidays, as well as other types of leave, including paid parental, military, bereavement, and any applicable federal and state sick leave. Employees may participate in the company recognition program to receive monetary or non-monetary recognition awards. Other incentives may be available based on position level and/or job specifics.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom