Sr. Manufacturing Optimization Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Louisville, KY 40214-2600, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description BAE Systems, one of the world's leading defense contractors and a stable Fortune 500 Company is looking to add a Sr. Manufacturing Optimization Engineer to its Louisville team.
This position allows you to make a meaningful contribution, offers significant professional variety and advancement opportunities. It offers work-life balance including a 9/80 schedule with every other Friday off. Learn more about the work we do in this video.
An ideal candidate would have manufacturing engineering experience in a precision assembly environment such as automotive, heavy equipment, etc.
The Sr. Manufacturing Optimization Engineer:
- Provides technical support to manufacturing and related functions.
- Researches, develops, and improves manufacturing processes, methods, and systems for products, facilities, fixtures, tooling, equipment, and/or materials.
- Develops and tests work methods and procedures, ensuring performance and quality of materials, products, and machines meet specifications and standards.
- Ensures technical outcomes are consistent with established engineering principles and practices and that customer and company technical, system, performance, and quality requirements are met.
- Applies engineering design and/or analytical theory, principles, techniques, and practices to the assembly areas of production.
- Develops and writes technical documentation such as work instructions or maintenance documentation, makes revisions to existing documentation, and provides input to technical papers or presentations.
- Ability to set up, organize, and populate Manufacturing Engineering production information using Microsoft Access, Excel and Project.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with customers to solve technical problems and implement solutions.
- Provides engineering support for Assembly operations in manufacture of weapon systems including submarine missile tubes and major caliber naval guns.
- Identifies Assembly equipment needs and pursues capital expenditure for implementation.
- Prepares and conducts Manufacturing Engineering analysis of materials and procedures, assists with procedural and performance qualifications efforts.
- Develops or contributes to the creation of Assembly standards and specifications.
- Develops work documentation including routings, work instructions, and visual aids to guide Assembly workforce.
- Reports status of projects on a regular basis to management staff and customers.
- Site Manufacturing Engineer Lead for implementation of Standard Work.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline such as engineering or technology and a minimum 4 years of experience in a manufacturing environment. May consider experience in lieu of degree.
- Ability to take on a project and run with it from concept to implementation to follow-up and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Excellent planning, time management, organization, and the ability to handle multiple assignments.
- Knowledge of practices, procedures and equipment for assembly, disassembly, overhaul and coating processes.
- Ability to solve complex technical problems that require a professional level of mechanical aptitude.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, Creo or similar technology.
- Ability to build excellent working relationships within the team and all internal and external customers
- Project management experience in a relevant manufacturing environment.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or closely related degree.
- Familiarity with blast, paint, and plate processes.
- Experience with Capital Project implementation of new equipment and/or factory setup.
- Previous experience with digital introduction on equipment.
- Certification with Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME) or other relevant certification.
- Experience with developing cost benefit analysis and estimating production standards.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom