Sr Data Manager-Digital Holdings Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
St. Louis, MO 63118, US
BAE Systems has an anticipated need for a Senior GIS Data Manager supporting an Agency customer. The GIS Data Managers role will be to support AFRICOM and EUCOM analysis and production needs. The GIS Data Manager will be responsible for managing and providing access to geospatial data for both internal and external NGA customers. They work with cartographers and technologies to implement and maintain geographic visualization standards.
The GIS Data manager will:
- Maintain and update the Enterprise GIS database of commodity, vector, and raster data needed by Geospatial Analysts at the EUCOM and AFRICOM Support Teams.
- Proactively search for and acquire data, build metadata, and load the data into the enterprise geodatabase.
- Monitor the GIS libraries and keep distributed GIS database holdings mirrored.
- Write, troubleshoot, and schedule (in the case where data sources are regularly updated) scripts, which download the newer copies of the data, perform any necessary modifications, and load the data into the enterprise geodatabase.
- Monitor and takes steps to improve performance of the Enterprise Geodatabase, and ensuring Geospatial Analysts have timely access.
- Build, publish, modify, optimize, and monitor map services; serving out data both created and required by customers.
- Enable web-based feature editing via feature services and the IC GIS Portal. The GIS Data Manager will support services ingested by Google Earth, Map of the World, ArcGIS Desktop, and ESRI's Portal technology as required.
- Continually update Enterprise GIS database of commodity vector and raster data.
- Updated, mirrored GIS database holdings, as appropriate.
- Updated and scheduled scripts to perform automated updates for GIS database holdings.
- Continually improve the Enterprise database
- New, updated, monitored map services as required by the customer
- Enabled web-based feature services on EGIS, IC GIS Portal, Google Earth, and other IC Community resources
- New Methods to incorporate SOM, and other community data into Agency customer processes and reporting.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Required Skills for the GIS Data Manager are:
- Experience supporting DOD and IC Customers
- 11-20 years of Data Management experience
- Demonstrated experience with Python scripting
- Basic Server administration experience
- Demonstrated experience with Desktop and Server GIS
- GIS Data Management experience
- Demonstrated experience with Oracle relational database management systems (RDBMS)
- Demonstrated experience with REST/SOAP and XML/JSON APIs
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills The ideal candidate will possess a DOD 8570 Certification and have experience with SQL.About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom