Software Test Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Dulles, VA 20171, US
Engineering & Technology
Top Secret/SCI Polygraph
Job Description We are seeking creative software test engineers to join one of our cornerstone business solutions teams supporting a classified customer. On this program, we are undertaking an aggressive talent and DevOps transformation that builds on the success of our web based services. Our world-class teams embrace Agile values and use Agile driven software development cycle with continuous integration to develop software applications. We are looking for software test engineers with a genuine passion to assist us in solving the final piece of the puzzle to our continuous integration, deployment, and testing pipeline.
You will be a part of the test automation effort, defining automation strategy and architecture that employs integration and UI functional and load testing. On a day-to-day basis, you will work with IT cross functional team members to implement new automated testing solutions and diagnose problems with existing scripts, all running in Continuous Integration environment. You will constantly work with developers and product owners to help diagnose and solve problems and efficiencies amongst multiple agile teams. Manual testing and test case development will also be a part of this job. Furthermore, you will participate in continuous improvements to our agile processes and help set future direction for the team. The successful candidate will bring strong critical thinking skills and impeccable judgement to prioritize multiple efforts and make a long-lasting impact for our customer.
- Work within Agile teams to provide early exploratory testing during the development phase.
- Add tasks and acceptance tests to user stories to ensure that the definition of done includes a zero defect strategy.
- Assist developers with unit test automation to enable Test Driven Development whenever feasible.
- Design, code and deploy automated test scripts.
- Run automated tests and/or load test profiles and analyzing the results.
- Solve complex and challenging business problems with innovative technologies.
- Constantly challenge beliefs, assumptions, process and products with a prescient eye to the industry.
Required Skills and Education
- Must possess an active Intel Clearance with a favorable polygraph. Will not be considered without it.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience and success leading test automation initiatives
- Penchant for finding ways to get things done
- Thrive in an independent, dynamic “start-up” like environment
- Passionate about agile testing and continuous improvement in the context of application lifecycle management
- Well organized with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with one or more test automation tools, preferably open source tools and headless browsers
- Experience automating both UI as well as back end interfaces
- Strong working knowledge of testing methodologies and strategies
- Ability to query databases and create test data
- Experience working in an Agile development framework, preferably as an embedded tester in Scrum team.
- Self-starter with no supervision needed to get up to speed on a project
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills
Preferred Skills and Education
- Hands-on experience with record and playback tools such as: Selenium IDE, Katalon Studio
- Hands-on experience with headless automated integration API or UI testing tools such as Katalon Studio, SoapUI, Selenium Webdriver, Cypress.io, TestCafe, Jest
- Experience with load and performance testing tools such as: JMeter, LoadRunner, Tricentis, Flood
- Scrum Master experience
- AWS experience
- Working knowledge of GitHub using pull requests, feature branching and code versioning
- Working knowledge of Jenkins for build/test/delivery automation
- Working knowledge of Test Driven Development including unit test creation
- Working in a Linux / Unix environment
- Working knowledge of service oriented architecture (SOA), RESTful web services, API development, and Messaging (JMS, SQS)
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom