Software Lab Technical Support Specialist Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
San Jose, CA 95119, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description Under general supervision provides technical support and improvements on computer systems for Defense Industry Engineering computing environment. The role of the employee is to; apply technical computing standards to moderately complex problems, plan and execute subtasks of larger projects which support Engineering, implement subtasks through managed processes and provide day-to-day support for the Engineers and their laboratories. The products created within this environment enhance the war fighting capabilities of the U.S. Military through multi discipline engineering development activities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide specialized support to Engineering development labs including real time emulation, systems integration and test, and software development. Demonstrate ability to implement OS and application upgrades as well as patch management for Linux and Windows based environments. Apply knowledge of Active Directory and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) services to laboratory. Support data backup and recovery for laboratories.
- Apply networking skills (Firewalls, Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs)) to trouble-shoot and influence lab-based architectures. Apply enterprise networking knowledge to interface enterprise services with lab environments for both cyber assurance compliance and on going support efficiencies.
- Apply technical knowledge towards Cyber security compliance (National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) 800-171) of engineering labs. Example efforts include patching, log auditing, leverage directory services and automations of auditing tasks.
- As a team member, analyze, diagnose, and solve technical problems of moderate scope with computer hardware and software applications, operating systems, and connectivity to develop and make recommendations for technical solutions.
- Assists in the design, development, installation, monitoring, and evaluation of software and systems to maintain optimum performance. This includes assisting in the project management, planning, development, implementation and operations necessary for required system operation.
- Provide technical support in the areas of application software management, application automations, licensing, laboratory configuration, and resolving system issues.
- Provides customer training and documentation on supported systems.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge and a basic understanding of industry practices, trends and application products to continually enhance the computing capabilities.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time as support needs dictate.
- Ability to provide on-call or after-hours support of critical systems.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills 1. A high level of general educational development normally acquired through completion of a four year program in Management of Information Systems or Computer Science.
2. To achieve and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction the applicant shall demonstrate a very high level of written and verbal communication skills.
3. Technical experience with Microsoft and Red Hat operating systems, application installations within a networked environment and experience troubleshooting network issues.
4. Demonstrate experience providing very high level support to customers and basic conflict resolution techniques.
5. Customer support experience with understanding of Service Level agreements and use of enterprise IT service management application. Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) v3 certification or understanding of ITIL concepts.
6. Demonstrated success leading large projects or technology initiatives. Able to mentor or lead team members.
7. Must be a motivated self-starter who can perform duties independently and in a team environmentPreferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Advanced network communication knowledge with practical applications to firewalls, VLANs, capture tools (Wireshark), structuring, and troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with application of NIST 800-171 standards to application deployments
- Applying working knowledge and practical experience of Risk Management Framework (RMF) or NIST Cybersecurity Framework
- Experience implementing system security requirements and controls in accordance with Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) 252.204-7012, NIST SP 800-171 and NIST SP 800-53
- Demonstrated experience applying system engineering skills to implement Security Requirements and Controls
In the future this candidate may need to receive a security clearance. About BAE Systems, Inc.BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom