Software Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
SE Albuquerque, NM 87106, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description BAE Systems, Inc. is seeking a Software Engineer for the Engineering, Development, Integration, and Sustainment (EDIS) program. This position is to support the U.S. Space Force Space and Missile Systems Center Innovation and Prototyping Directorate (SMC/DCIO) to develop, deploy, modernize, and expand the EDIS program and its customers.
- Design, develop, debug, integrate, test and sustain ground equipment software solutions that supports systems, subsystems and unit level elements of the spacecraft/vehicle throughout its entire design life cycle which include operations/sustainment and end of life phases
- Work closely with the Electrical, Aerospace and Systems Engineers to determine the correct requirements and equipment specifications to accommodate the flight spacecraft/vehicle
- Document and work to resolve all complex software problems
- Develop software solutions to ensure that all Aerospace Ground Support Equipment (GSE) and services meet organization standards and customer requirements
- Follow released software development process and participates in peer software reviews
Relocation assistance or a sign-on bonus may be available.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills Must possess an active Top Secret security clearance with eligibility for SCI.
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, engineering or related field and 5 years of experience, or Master of Science with 3 years' experience
- Strong software development and integration background with proficiency in C-based programming languages (C#, C++, Python, etc)
- Good understanding of disciplined information and data management processes
- Must be detail oriented and able to function on a high-performing team with matrix management and communicate complex ideas in a production floor environment.
- Familiarity with Agile software development approach
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline and subject matter expertise relevant to specific technical disciplines of the SOW
- Five (7) years of experience as a software developer creating or maintaining operating systems, communications software, database packages, compilers, assemblers, or utility programs for software applications
- Seven (7) years of experience with multiple programming languages such as C, C++, and with software development lifecycle, architecture, and design
- Experience developing software in a Linux environment and demonstrated understanding of network architecture, design, and integrated testing
- Experience developing software using Microsoft visual studio
- Ideal candidate has a demonstrated record of success in contributing to the completion of programs and projects; ability to obtain results and make key recommendations. Prefer familiarity with Git Version Control Management, Test Driven Development, and SQL/Database Design.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom