Site Safety, Health, and Environment Advisor Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Greenlawn, NY 11740-1609, US
Job Description This is an exciting and challenging position for a motivated individual to join the Electronic Systems’ Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) function as a site SHE Advisor. This role provides technical and advisory support with focus on the Safety, Health, and Environmental Programs. The position is located at the Greenlawn, New York electronics manufacturing facility. The facility has a population of approximately 700 employees.
The Safety Health & Environment (SHE) organization is a trusted business partner committed to supporting all employees in delivering a safe, healthy, and environmentally responsible workplace. SHE provides innovative solutions to reduce risk, resulting in quality products and services and on-time delivery to our customers.Required Skills and Education •5+ year(s) experience in Safety, Health, and Environment (SHE), with preferable experience in Industrial Hygiene and Waste Management
•Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Safety, Health and Environment, Emergency Management, or related field.
- Provides SHE support at the site, including evaluating risk, responding and addressing Safety, Health and Environmental concerns, and supporting leadership with continuous improvement activities
- Plans and implements procedures and programs in support of the SHE Management system, and ensures conformance to internal company requirements as well as ISO14001 and OSHAS18001 standards
- Ensure compliance to applicable regulations and requirements, included but not limited to, OSHA, EPA, DOT, NYSDEC and NYSDOH
- Monitors site performance through inspections/audits and partners with leadership on appropriate action and follow-up
- Leads and participates in incident investigations including determination of root cause and corrective action plan
- Conducts risk and ergonomic assessments and recommend improvements
- Participates and/or chairs committees in support of the overall SHE Management System
- Helps maintain site SHE data and performance metrics, including maintaining online management systems and presentations to leadership
- Executes training, awareness and communication programs to provide employees with the information and skills needed for them to perform their roles and responsibilities
- Provides support to leadership as they encourage an inclusive environment that promotes safe behaviors and an overall positive culture
- Oversees the Industrial Hygiene Program, including monitoring, analyzing results, and ensuring proper controls and awareness
- Oversees the Waste Management Program, including training, DOT paperwork and inspections
- May be required to pack, handle, and move hazardous waste in accordance with regulatory requirements and company policies and procedures
Preferred Skills and Education
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to operate and interact with all levels within an organization (from executives to staff).
- Technical competence in Safety, Health and Environmental Regulations
- Team player and able to build and maintain relationships both internal and external
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom