Service Desk Analyst - Senior Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Fort Gordon, GA 30905, US
Engineering & Technology
Top Secret/SCI Polygraph
Job Description At BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, our cutting edge teams are providing the U.S. Army Cyber Command with the latest technologies in cloud, cyber security, software development and virtualization to enhance intelligence collaboration and make the world a safer place. The cyberspace domain is one of the most critical areas of national defense. It is a field that requires the most highly trained, professional, and knowledgeable people available. Join us and learn what inspired work is all about.
We’re ready for any challenge – are you game? Join us and learn what Inspired Work is all about.
Candidates will utilize monitoring tools to track events, alerts and incidents. They will provide support and guidance on event impacts to the cloud solution.
The duties of the Event Monitor System Administrator role include but are not limited to:
• Serves as an escalation point for event monitoring
• Monitors, evaluates, and remediates any system health concerns of event monitoring systems within the production environment
• Identifies issues and recommends improvement processes to manage event thresholds
• Updates and maintains configuration and recovery documentation for designated systems
• Monitors and manages performance and availability standards of the technical solutions through continual service improvement
• Supports Incident Management and workflow
• Update and maintain documentation of all processes associated with administration of duties assigned
• Ensure event thresholds, error conditions, and system events are promptly and appropriately configured
• Provides On‐the‐Job training to Service Desk, as required
• Develop reports for senior management, as required
• Performs Service Desk support, as required
• Perform other duties as assigned
Shift work may be requiredRequired Education, Experience, & Skills • 3-5 years of technical experience in the following areas:
- Microsoft systems event administration/management
- Configuration and optimization of a Microsoft event management solution
- System Administration in a classified IT organization
- Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
- Calibrating and managing event thresholds
• Knowledge of event management features, e.g., agentless monitoring, management packs, and discovery tools
• Candidate must be an effective communicator with a team focused, collaborative attitude
Rotating Shiftwork Required. with additional pay for 2nd and 3rd shift. MUST BE ABLE TO WORK ALL SHIFTS:
3) MIDNIGHT-8AMPreferred Education, Experience, & Skills • Administration and sustainment experience in the following disciplines:
- IT Service Health and Analytics
- IT Performance and availability management
- Using the Microsoft Windows PowerShell scripting engine to automate tasks with System Center Operations Manager
- Configuring Distributed Applications
- Configuring Management Packs
• Technical documentation skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Experience with maintenance and troubleshooting of complex high availability systems
• Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS): System Center Configuration Manager certification
• Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS): System Center Operations Manager certification
• DOD 8570 certificationAbout BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom