Senior Systems Engineer (Remote or Hybrid) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Phoenix, AZ 85044-5313, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description BAE Systems, a leader in the defense industry, has an immediate need for a Senior Systems Engineer. The Senior System Engineer will support any of our various Combat Mission Systems (CMS) programs. Any CMS Engineering Site including Sterling Heights, MI; San Jose, CA; Minneapolis, MN; Phoenix, AZ; and York, PA is an acceptable work location and we may consider telecommute for a well-qualified candidate.
As the Senior System Engineer, you will support systems engineering tasks such as requirements development and management, interface development, formal decisions and trade studies, and document system design descriptions, specialty engineering integration, requirements verification and validation.
- Responsible for developing and managing subsystem and component level performance specifications by managing requirements in a requirements repository.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining requirements traceability in the requirements repository.
- Develop and maintain requirements verification and compliance, and supporting artifacts.
- Develop and maintain interface requirements and interface design information for assigned sub-system, system and components.
- Coordinate and facilitate formal decisions and trade studies to drive design and document results.
- Coordinate Systems Engineering (SE) activities within assigned team IPTs and Specialty Engineering POCs to help influence the design.
- Provide systems engineering input to support program reviews.
- Provide Systems Engineering input to support vehicle level Systems Engineering activities and program milestone reviews.
- Document concept design decisions and support generating system design concept descriptions and capability assessments.
Here is a video to give you an idea about the work we do.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills Required Education:
Must have bachelor degree from an accredited university in engineering with the following experience:
- 4+ Years with BS
- 2+ Years with MS
- 0+ Years with PhD
Required Skills/ Required Knowledge:
- Experience planning, conducting and documenting complex formal decisions and trade studies.
- Experience and knowledge necessary for requirements analysis, derivation, allocation and management.
- Experience and knowledge in developing and managing system functions and requirements.
- Have knowledge of specialty engineering to assess and apply human factors, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, environmental requirements and guidelines.
- Ability to generate System/Subsystem Design Descriptions (SSDDs) and capability assessments per the program statement of work (SOW).
- Have knowledge of review techniques to plan, moderate, and participate in reviews.
- Ability to develop and maintain timelines, interfaces, and product structure.
- Balance system design considering system usage CONOPS, performance, constraints, and logistics.
- Be able to manage size, weight, power and cost of system.
- Familiar with preparation of typical artifacts that are required for program milestone reviews.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Preferred Skills:
- Military Experience
- Experience with military vehicle systems.
- Experience with DOORS requirements management tool.
- Experience with SysML in Cameo Systems Modeler (MagicDraw) or equivalent modeling tool.
- Exposure to hardware/software integration.
- Have and maintain INCOSE Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP) certification.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company.BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom