Senior Systems Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Arnold, MO 63010, US
Engineering & Technology
Top Secret/SCI Polygraph
Job Description Performs project management and systems engineering of customer applications and services to meet enterprise requirements. Ideal candidate has experience working with the IC and full understanding of the V Model. Must be a motivated self starter who can quickly adapt to changes in direction and is able to both research solutions as well as communicate across the spectrum to achieve goals and objectives. Understanding of multi-domain and fabric interoperability is a highly essential to helping securely protect, visualize and disseminate data to end users. Specific Tasks may include:
- Verify stability, interoperability, portability, security, or scalability of system architecture.
- Develop system engineering, software engineering, system integration, or distributed system architectures.
- Collaborate with engineers or software developers to select appropriate design solutions or ensure the compatibility of system components.
- Identify system data, hardware, or software components required to meet user needs.
- Communicate with staff or clients to understand specific system requirements.
- Research, test, or verify proper functioning of software patches and fixes.
- Provide advice on project costs, design concepts, or design changes.
- Perform security analyses of developed or packaged software components.
- Provide technical guidance or support for the development or troubleshooting of systems.
- Document design specifications, installation instructions, and other system-related information.
- Communicate project information through presentations, technical reports, or white papers.
- Define and analyze objectives, scope, issues, or organizational impact of information systems.
- Monitor system operation to detect potential problems.
- Design and conduct hardware or software tests.
- Evaluate current or emerging technologies to consider factors such as cost, portability, compatibility, or usability.
- Provide customers or installation teams guidelines for implementing secure systems.
- Establish functional or system standards to address operational requirements, quality requirements, and design constraints.
- Investigate system component suitability for specified purposes, and make recommendations regarding component use.
- Complete models and simulations, using manual or automated tools, to analyze or predict system performance under different operating conditions.
- Develop or approve project plans, schedules, or budgets.
- Develop efficient and effective system controls
- Evaluate existing systems to determine effectiveness, and suggest changes to meet organizational requirements.
- Configure servers to meet functional specifications.
- Direct the analysis, development, and operation of complete computer systems.
- Direct the installation of operating systems, network or application software, or computer or network hardware.
- Train system users in system operation or maintenance.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills Bachelors degree in Engineering or Information Systems and 6 years of experience required. Must have Security Plus certification.Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Masters Degree in Engineering or Information Technology.
Systems Engineering CertificationsAbout BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom