Senior Systems Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Fort Wayne, IN 46809, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description Job Description:
We want your Systems Engineering talent to perform system design activities such as developing and managing system, hardware and software requirements, developing system architectures and designs, performing system level integration/test and assisting in validation for complex avionics control systems.
Controls and Avionics Solutions provides flight and mission-critical products to more than 170 commercial and military customers around the world. CAS products include fly-by-wire flight controls, full authority digital engine controls (FADEC), autonomous flight systems, power management systems, flight deck systems, cabin management systems, weapon controls and mission systems for the world's most prominent commercial and military aircraft manufacturers.
A 9/80 work schedule gives employees a great opportunity to experience all that the region has to offer and provides a balanced work and family lifestyle. This is a Hybrid remote/onsite opportunity.
Duties and responsibilities include:
1. Performs systems engineering functions by doing one or more of the following:
a. Develop, allocate and manage complex system, hardware and software requirements.
b. Develop complex, safety critical, embedded control system designs and architectures.
c. Define hardware, software and programmable logic interfaces and functionality.
d. Prepare documentation for system designs and architectures in accordance with established systems development processes and procedures.
e. Perform system/product integration.
f. Verify and validate moderately complex aspects of systems designs to ensure conformance with functional specifications and customer requirements.
g. Produce technical documents, specifications and standards.
2. Work as part of a cross-discipline team executing technical tasks to cost and schedule targets.
3. May support various specialty-engineering tasks such as Reliability, Maintainability & Availability analysis, Integrated Logistics Support.
4. Prepare and deliver basic customer and technical presentations.
Candidates should possess strong communication skills both written and oral. Candidates should also demonstrate sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel, customers and suppliers.
Your experience at BAE Systems will give you the ability to work with industry experts in the fields of System Safety, Digital and Analog Circuits, Complex Printed Wiring Boards, Multi-Core and ARM Hardware and Software, Operating System and Board Support Software development and Programmable Logic Devices to the top Commercial and Military standards.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills Required Skills and Education:
- Bachelor's Degree in related engineering field
- 8+ years of experience in avionics or electronic controls embedded development, including familiarity with systems such as flight controls, engine controls or mission systems.
- Experience in full lifecycle development including system requirements, design, system-level integration, validation, and verification.
- Experience in designing, architecting and integrating electronic control systems which include hardware, software and programmable logic devices.
- Technical writing skills: capable of creating required engineering documentation.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Preferred Skills and Education:
- Master’s Degree in related engineering field
- 10+ years of experience in avionics or electronic controls embedded development, including familiarity with systems such as flight controls, engine controls or mission systems.
- Experience with development of formal validation and verification procedures.
- Experience designing, architecting and integrating electro-mechanical control systems.
- Experience with Multi-core and ARM processing hardware and software design.
- Familiar with safety critical development including ARP4754, DO-178B/C and DO-254 or equivalent stringent process requirements.
- Demonstrated experience providing technical leadership.
- Knowledgeable of commercial and military certification objectives and activities.
- Working knowledge of model based development of systems and/or software.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom