Senior Systems Business Analyst Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
State Of, TX 76054, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description We are seeking a Senior Business Analyst (SBA) to join our Application Solutions, Functional Applications services team. The SBA’s primary responsibility will be to serve as a liaison to bridge the coordinate with business and technology teams, ascertaining system requirements, such as program features, output requirements, input data acquisition, and system techniques and controls. The SBA will work closely with business customers and technical resources to understand, define, and document business demand. The SBA will lead, be responsible, and/or contribute in various aspects of business demand assessment, planning, requirements, design, and test activities. The SBA’s activities will contribute to a positive customer experience and delivery of high-quality, operationally accurate, secure and reliable business application solutions. This SBA position will provide support for new implementation assessments, new implementations, and enhancements and upgrade requests.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework including management, information systems, business administration, or other related field, and a minimum of eight (8) years of experience that is related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Interfaces with Business Stakeholders and IT applications teams to define, gather, and document business processes and needs, and translate into detailed functional specifications for development. Performs business systems and process analysis of existing and future systems/processes. Conducts interviews and requirements gathering workshops. Ensures sign-off of all artifacts.
- Assessing business demand requests, determining and documenting business, functional, technical, and security requirements and delivering recommendations to executives and stakeholders. The SBA will be engaged in various aspects of initiative planning, requirements, design, and test contributing to the delivery of high-quality business application solutions.
- Analyzes current state and emerging technology/application functionality and business needs proactively to add value.
- Ensure technology solutions align with business needs and strategic goals.
- Conduct technical and business meetings to provide awareness and track status of application in-flight efforts, and provide meeting minutes, actions, and follow-up discussions where needed.
- Assess issues, create action plans and develop resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Responsible for and leads the development and maintenance of documentation such as requirement documentation, high level design documents, test plans, test use cases, user guides, and O&M support documentation.
- Excellent communicator with ability to facilitate working meetings and requirements gathering sessions with all levels of business and technical stakeholders and capable of asking probing questions and be an effective listener.
- Ability to think critically, evaluate information gathered and present ideas.
- Possesses excellent documentation and writing skills with strong background and experience in problem solving and knowledgeable in technical and functional operations.
- Experienced in a broad range of business applications/domains and development methodologies.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to correlate information from multiple sources impacting the requirements, project outcomes and deliverables.
- Ability to lead SBA activities to achieve required outcomes.
- Effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Motivated individual with proven track record of quality delivery; on time, on budget, and within scope.
- People skills, with the ability to engage diplomatically with stakeholders and communicate changes that may not be aligned with the original expectations.
- Knowledge of proper requirements specification and development, such as process/functional requirements definition methods, JAD/RAD sessions, use case development, process flow diagrams.
- Working knowledge of Agile and Waterfall Methodologies.
About BAE Systems, Inc.BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom