Senior Systems Administrator Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
San Antonio, TX 78226, US
Engineering & Technology
Top Secret/SCI Polygraph
Job Description Must have at least 6 years of experience with Linux server administration (RHEL and/or CentOS) in an enterprise environment (including both hardware installs and virtual machines).
Will need to be available to respond to system administration and maintenance problems while off duty, on an on-call basis.
The selected candidate will be responsible for monitoring test infrastructure systems, applications, and processes, and for ensuring that all issues are identified, tracked, and resolved in a timely manner. The environment includes Microsoft-based servers, databases, and workstations as well as VMware and Linux server instances and an extensive network infrastructure (LAN and WAN). The candidate will also manage and maintain system backups and instances as well as explore opportunities to automate and optimize the systems. Additional responsibilities include:
· Maintaining a complex server-based enclave, including mitigation from performing system scans, vulnerability management activities, and active directory configuration.
· Planning and implementing IT enhancements and undertaking project work.
· Identifying and correcting hardware and software issues.
· Providing timely and professional support in response to calls and emails.
· Participating in the creation and ongoing maintenance of documentation ensuring that clear, concise, and accurate information is readily available to assist with incident resolution.
· Providing technical assistance to companion work groups in support of overlapping projects and maintaining good inter-departmental relations.
· Communicating with users and publishing status of any system outages, as needed.
· Executing the process for managing information assurance vulnerability alerts (IAVAs) and system security scanning for equipment suites in accordance with the System Security Plans for these systems in order to rapidly and accurately identify and remediate IAVAs.
- Initiating IAVA responses and system security scans, completing remediation, extending IAVA patches and security updates to designated sites, and executing monthly security scans.
- Responding to system administration and maintenance problems while off duty, on an on-call basis.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills Required Qualifications
· Must have at least 6 years of experience with Linux server administration (RHEL and/or CentOS) in an enterprise environment (including both hardware installs and virtual machines).
· At least 7 years of experience providing support for users and systems in Information Technology and/or information security environments.
· At least 2 years of experience with network switches, routers, and firewalls from Cisco, Juniper, or similar enterprise vendors.
· Must have experience in or familiarity with the following systems: Windows/Linux operating systems, VMware, VSphere and Vsphere architecture, VCenter
· Must have experience deploying VCenter instances and virtual machines.
· Must have experience with VDI architecture and environments.
· Must have experience managing YUM repository.
· Must have a solid understanding of advanced security protocols and standards, and information security principles and practices.
· Must have in-depth experience with software and security architectures.
· Must have experience helping users, optimizing system operations, and monitoring IT enterprise systems.
· Must possess strong analytic abilities and must be meticulous and careful in their work.
· Must be an independent thinker capable of working proficiently independently as well as within a team.
· Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices including compliance with maintenance windows and change control procedures.
· Must be able to support planned after hours activities on occasion.
· May be asked to perform short duration travel to non-hostile locations for tasks such as system upgrades and installs.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Preferred Qualifications
· Experience documenting and providing information for security accreditation and certification.
· Experience with Network Security Technologies (e.g. Multiple Domain, PKI, SSP, Vulnerability Assessment).
· Experience with High Assurance Internet Protocol Encryptor (HAIPE) devices for In-line Network Encryption.
· Experience with a variety of switches, firewalls, and network load balancers in an enterprise network environment.
· Experience in a System Administration role supporting a software configuration management and development environment.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom