Senior System Architecture Engineer (Remote or Hybrid) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Phoenix, AZ 85044-5313, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description BAE Systems, a leader in the defense industry, has an immediate need for a Senior System Architecture Engineer. The Senior System Architecture Engineer will support any of our various Combat Mission Systems (CMS) programs. Any CMS Engineering Site including Sterling Heights, MI; San Jose, CA; Minneapolis, MN; Phoenix, AZ; and York, PA is an acceptable work location.
As the Senior System Architecture Engineer, you will support systems engineering tasks such as requirements development and management, architecture development, interface development, formal decisions and trade studies, and system design development, specialty engineering integration, and verification and validation.
- Coordinate and facilitate architecture development in Systems Modeling Language (SysML) model of assigned system, subsystems, and components.
- Develop and maintain interface requirements and interface design information for assigned sub-system, system and components in SysML model.
- Responsible for developing and managing subsystem and component level performance specifications by managing requirements in a SysML model or requirements repository.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining requirements traceability in the SysML model or requirements repository.
- Coordinate and facilitate formal decisions and trade studies to drive design and document results.
- Document concept design decisions and support generating System/Subsystem Design Descriptions (SSDDs) and capability assessments in SysML model.
- Support the execution and monitoring of cost, schedule, risk, and Contract Data Requirement List (CDRL) delivery.
- Coordinate Systems Engineering (SE) activities within assigned team IPTs and Specialty Engineering POCs to help influence the design.
- Develop and maintain requirements verification and compliance, and supporting artifacts. Provide Systems Engineering input to support vehicle level Systems Engineering activities and program milestone reviews.
Here is a video to give you an idea about the work we do.
#LI-RemoteRequired Education, Experience, & Skills Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Experience with SysML methodology and tools, preferably have knowledge necessary for requirement derivation, allocation and management.
- Experience and knowledge of computer systems and processors, logic devices, interfaces, and high-level understanding of operating systems.
- Experience developing architecture concepts and evaluating alternatives.
- Ability to generate System/Subsystem Design Descriptions (SSDDs) and capability assessments per the program statement of work (SOW).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Must have bachelor degree (or equivalent experience) in relevant engineering field from an accredited university with the following:
- 4+ Years with BS
- 2+ Years with MS
- 0+ Years with PHD
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Preferred Skills:
- Experience with military vehicle systems
- Experience with SysML in Cameo Modeler (MagicDraw)
- Experience with DOORS requirements management tool.
- Experience with Controller Area Network (CAN) Bus strategies and implementation, and other relevant networks and protocols.
- Have and maintain INCOSE Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP) certification.
- Leadership and mentoring of younger engineers.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom